Chapter Twenty Two

With Alex gone this week, I have the house to myself. Which just means a lot of terrible singing and eating as much ice cream as I want without him getting mad. What can I say, the baby loves ice cream. 

As I'm dancing around, my phone starts ringing.

"Hello?" I say without checking the caller ID.

"Hey, Brooke, I was just calling to see if you were ready for tonight?" It's Janelle.

"Absolutely! Pizza and pedicures, I am beyond excited! I called Alex earlier and he said him, Bob, and Sam were all just going to the bar and they're just going to drink and play some pool."

I'm happy he isn't going to a strip club, but knowing my brother, he just might. His brother Sam will hopefully keep my brother calm. Sam knows that I may kill Alex if they end up at a strip club. I normally wouldn't care, but since I can't have any fun, I don't want him having too much.

"Awesome!" I hear Janelle say. "Klare and I will be over around six!"

"Just be aware, I may only make it until nine," I tell her, laughing.

"Right, the baby."

With that we get off the phone and I prepare for the night. I call the pizza place and tell them we want a pizza for 6 and I get out a few girly movies. The Notebook being the first one. I don't really want to cry, but I love this movie!

When I get everything ready I hear a knock at the door. When I open it, I see Klare and Janelle. Both of which are carrying more movies. Mushy, girly movies. I love those. 

"I brought the nail polish," Janelle says.

"I brought the non-caffeinated, non-alcoholic drinks!" Klare says.

"So," I say, "you brought juice?" I smile at them both while grabbing the drinks and movies and setting them on the counter.

"Are you two ready to party?" I ask the two girls.

"If by party, you mean basically have a sleepover, then hell yeah!" I love Klare's enthusiasm about this.

"Before we start anything," I say, "come feel the baby move."

Before I know it, I have two hands on my belly. Two amazing aunt's to my child are feeling him or her move inside my belly.

*****

Alex's POV

This week is going to go by slow. Brooke said it's perfect for both of us. Me, hanging out with my best friend, her, getting the house to herself.

The pool is fun, but I'd rather be home. I know Bob is about to make a stupid suggestion and I'm going to have to turn him down. He's not going to like that very much.

"So, Alex," my brother, Sam, says.

"Yeah?"

"With the baby coming along, you think the sex is gonna stop?" he asks.

I gawk at him. "Well, it hasn't yet."

"Yeah, not yet," he says. "But once she gets a little bigger I bet it's going to completely stop. Especially after she has the baby. You two will never have sex again!"

"That's enough sex talk," Bob says. "That is my little sister!"

"Shit, dude, I'm so sorry!" 

I look at Sam and he looks slightly ashamed, but he's still young. Younger than Bob and I , so he's still a little immature. He's never had a serious girlfriend and I honestly don't know if he ever will.

I start thinking about what Sam said, but I think he's wrong. I know my girl, and I know that I'd give it up before her.

"I'll be right back," I say. I head outside, pulling out my phone. I just want to talk to Brooke. I know that she has Klare and Janelle over, but I miss her and I really want to talk to her.

"Hello?" I hear her say. I hear laughing in the background.

"Hey, babe," I say.

"Babe, what are you doing? You're supposed to be having fun with the boys."

"I know." I sigh. "I just miss you and I wanted to hear your voice."

"I miss you, too," she says. "But you need to go have fun. Do I need to make a new rule about no calling this week?" She jokes.

"Now that's just cruel," I laugh.

"I know, but seriously, go have fun. Please. Drink for me since I can't. Remember to drink some water before bed and leave some Ibuprofen by the bed. Now go. Tell Bob no strip clubs."

"I love you. Can I call you tomorrow?" I ask, in all seriousness.

"If you must. I love you, too. Goodnight."

I end the call and head back inside. I guess I have to drink for Brooke, too.