Chapter 4

*Peter's POV cont.*

Dakota walked up to me and grabbed my arm. "You lied to me, Peter," Eric said, clenching his fists. "Don't you dare touch him or I will report you," Dakota said, standing in front of me. Eric took a step forward. Dakota took a step forward, too. "Dakota, you're gonna get hurt," I whispered. "I'm not scared of him," Dakota said, loudly. "You think you are funny, huh? If you dare mention anything, we will have a problem," Eric said. "Touch Peter and see what will happen," Dakota said, taking another step forward. "I want her out of here, Peter, or bad things will happen." "Yes sir." Eric walked out of my room. Dakota followed him. "Dakota no," I said, chasing after her. "You think it's right to hurt Peter? Well I'm about to show you how he feels," Dakota said, kicking Eric hard in the back. Eric fell to the ground. "Dakota stop," I said. Dakota kept kicking and kicking Eric on the sides. She stopped and backed up. Eric slowly got up. He walked over to Dakota and punched her in the face over and over. I ran over to her and picked her up. I held onto her. Eric slowly got up. "I want her out of here by..." Eric looked at his watch. "...2:00. Right now, it is 1:55." Eric walked away. Dakota looked at me. "I'll text you later," I said, sighing. "You're welcome," Dakota said, crossing her arms. "You know you didn't make this better. He's gonna kill me now." "I saved your ass, though." "No you didn't. You made it worse. I'll see you in school tomorrow...maybe." I kissed her forehead. I walked past her into my room. "Peter, I'm sorry," Dakota said. I turned around and looked at her. "It's okay. Please go home." Dakota looked at the ground. She walked out of my room. That night, I stayed in my room. I didn't eat anything because I didn't want Eric to do something to me. I heard the door opened. I looked up and saw Eric with a beer bottle in his hand. "This is for your girlfriend's actions," Eric said, as he whipped the bear bottle at me. It missed but it hit the wall. He had another beer bottle in his hand. He broke the beer bottle in half and threw it at me. Blood rolled down my arm. Eric stumbled into the room. "If that girl over comes back here, you're dead." He stumbled out of my room. That night, I didn't sleep. I got to school. I saw Dakota at her locker. She looked over at me. "What happened to you?" "I fell." "Don't lie to me. What happened?" Dakota asked sternly. "Not here." "Tell me now." "Eric took a sharp beer bottle and threw it at me," I said, quietly. Dakota threw her bag on the ground and walked down the hall. I ran to her and grabbed her arm. "What are you doing?" "Going to your house to hurt Eric." "No. I'm fine." "No you aren't." Dakota walked down the hall again. I ran after her. I grabbed her arm again. "Where are you going?" "If I can't beat up Eric, then I'm going to the principal about him then." "No. He'll kill me." "Not if I report him." "If you report him, I will never talk to to you again." "Peter, don't be ridiculous." "I'm sorry," I said, walking away. "Yo Peter," Kam said, walking up to me with Phil. "Hey guys." "How come you we saw you with Dakota?" Phil asked. "Oh uh I was just trying to get her upset," I said, toughly. "We saw you talking to her," Kam said. "Okay fine you caught me. I'm dating Dakota." Their eyes widened. "She's an ugly bitch. Why would you date her?" "She helps me more than you guys do. You guys don't even help me. She does. She's the best." "She's stupid," Phil said. "She's smart and amazing. She stood up for me when Eric was hurting me...and I treated her horribly because of it," I said, looking at the ground. "Good," Kam said. "You know what? If you can't see how amazing she is, then we can't be friends," I said, turning around. Dakota was standing there. She wrapped her arms around me. "I love you," Dakota said, holding me tightly. "I love you too, Dakota." "I'm always here for you, Peter. I'm sorry for being protective." "No, I'm sorry for yelling at you when you were just trying to help. I'm such a horrible boyfriend." "No you aren't. You are an amazing boyfriend." I smiled like crazy. The bell rang. We went to class. Throughout the day, I couldn't stop thinking about Dakota. We got to lunch. I sat with Dakota and her friend Jasmine. Her friend Jasmine is nice, actually. Kam and Phil sat somewhere else. "So, tell me about yourself, Peter," Jasmine said. "Oh you don't wanna hear my life. It's boring." "Come on, Peter," Jasmine said. "No, I can't talk about my life. I'm sorry." "What? You get beaten at home. Don't you do something else?" I looked at Dakota. "You told her? How could you?" "She didn't tell me. I've known for the longest time. I see bruises and cuts on you. Your body language shows it. You must get burned with pans, glass thrown at you." "How do yo know about this?" She rolled up her sleeves. She had faded bruises and scars. "Do you think you're the only one?" "Who does that to you?" "My dad but he also takes advantage of me. My mom knows but she doesn't care. Who hits you?" "My brother. He's older than me. My mom died and my dad left." Jasmine stood up and walked over to me. She sat in between me and Dakota. She hugged me. "I'm so sorry," Jasmine whispered. I looked up at Dakota. Her expression was confused.