Chapter 5

*Dakota's POV*

I was a little jealous when I saw Jasmine and Peter hugging. The bell rang for lunch to be over. Me and Peter held hands. He kept talking to Jasmine about  getting beaten. "Yeah last night, my brother threw a sharp beer bottle at me. That's why I have a big cut right here," Peter said, showing Jasmine his cut. "Oh that looks like it hurt," Jasmine said, gently rubbing it. "It did. He almost threw a bottle at my face." "You never told me that," I said, letting go of Peter's hand. "I'm sorry." I sighed. "Hey, I can give you my number if you ever wanna talk or need comfort." "He has me," I said. "Sure," Peter said. They put their numbers in each other's phones. I kept walking. I sat down at my desk. Jasmine and Peter walked inside, laughing. Peter walked over to me and kissed my forehead. He sat on top of my desk. "Why are you sitting on my desk? Wouldn't you wanna sit with Jasmine?" "Don't be ridiculous." "I'm not being ridiculous." Peter jumped down and walked over to his desk. School went by slowly. The bell rang for class to end. I walked out of the room. "Babe, wait up," I heard Peter say. I turned around and looked at him. "You wanna hang out tonight?" "I guess. My place?" I asked. "Sure. I'll follow you there." Jasmine walked over to us. "Oh Jasmine, would you like to hang out with us?" Peter asked. "Sure." I rolled my eyes and walked away. I felt a hand grab mine. "Are you mad that I invited Jasmine?" Peter asked. "Yes." "Why?" "Cause Peter, I thought you wanted to hang out alone and I have a bad feeling how this is gonna turn out." "If you think I will leave you for Jasmine, I'm not. I love you." "I love you too." We walked to our cars in silence. We got to my apartment. We walked inside. "Does Jasmine know where you live?" "Yes." "How come you don't let her stay with you?" "Because her dad wouldn't let her." Peter placed his bag down and laid on the couch. I walked over to Peter. He sat up and I sat down. He laid his head on my lap. "I'm sorry. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night." "Don't worry. Sleep if you want." There was a knock on the door. Peter got up really fast and walked over to the door. He opened it. "Hey Peter." "Hey Jasmine." They hugged. I felt anger build up. They walked over to me. "Sorry I was late. I had to stop home first." "Did your dad do anything to you?" "No, I'm fine. Thanks," Jasmine said, smiling. Peter walked over and sat down next to me. "Jasmine, sit on the other side of me," Peter, said. I sighed. Jasmine sat down next to Peter. We watched tv till 7. I ordered pizza. We had pizza. Around 9, we thought about watching a scary movie. We decided to watch Lights Out. Peter leaned against me and Jasmine leaned against Peter. I got mad. In middle of the movie, I saw Jasmine sleeping against Peter. I got up. "Where are you going?" Peter whispered. I looked at him while I saw his arm around Jasmine. I looked at the ground and walked out onto the balcony. I heard Peter step out onto the balcony. "Is everything okay?" Peter asked. I sighed. "No," I said, looking at him. He walked over next to me. "Is it because I had my arm around Jasmine because that meant nothing to me?" "Yes. Ever since lunch, you guys have been closer than I expected." "Our home lives are similar. It's nice having someone who understands. I don't understand why you can't trust me." "I love you Peter but right now, I'm losing my trust towards you." "Why darling?" "Cause I know how it's gonna end."  Peter looked at the ground. "Hey, my dad called me and wants me home," Jasmine said. Peter looked at Jasmine. "Good luck," he said. "Thank you. I'll see you guys tomorrow." "Bye. I'll text you later," Peter said. Jasmine left. "Would you like to stay the night?" I asked. "Sure. Thank you." "Wait, is Eric going to be mad?" "Yes but it's fine." "You can sleep with me if you want." "Sounds good. I hope you don't mind that I don't have a change of clothes." "That's fine." Peter wrapped his arms around me. "I say we ditch school tomorrow," Peter said, smiling. "What about Jasmine?" I asked, coldly. "Hey, you're the only one I really want." "Let's just go to bed." I walked into my room. "Do you want me to stay out here while you change?" Peter asked. "If you want to, you can stay inside." Peter walked inside. I changed in front of him. We laid down in bed. "I have to go to the bathroom," Peter said, getting up. He left the room. I heard his phone go off. I looked down and saw his phone say 'Jasmine <3'. It read, 'You should sneak over to my house for the night ;)'. Peter walked into the room. "Man I have a huge headache." I stood up and walked over to Peter. "I'm about to make your headache a lot worse" I said, holding up my fist. Peter flinched. "Why?" "You've told me you weren't with this girl. You lied to me." "What are you talking about?" "You know what I'm talking about. Tell me everything," I said, crossing my arms. Peter looked at me and sighed. "I'm waiting." Peter looked at the ground.