Chapter 20

*Peter's POV cont.*

Standing right in front of us was Jasmine. Is this a dream? "Peter!" She ran to me and hugged me. "J...Jasmine? What the hell," I said, pushing her away from me. "Jasmine, you're alive?" Dakota asked. "Yes. I faked my death so my father would leave me alone. I don't have a kid sadly but I'm alive." I looked at Dakota and she looked at me. "I don't know if I should be happy or weirded out or pissed," Dakota said. "Same," I said. "Who the hell is this?" Kam asked. "Uh she's my ex," I said. "When did you date her?" Phil asked. "Yeah Peter. Tell them when you dated her," Dakota said, crossing her arms. "That's not important right now," I said. "Dakota, don't I get a hug?" Jasmine asked. "Uh sure." They hugged. "Wait, how did you find me?" I asked. "Eric told me where you were." "He...he knows I'm here?" "Yeah he said you ran away to Kam's house. Well he said you went to Dakota's apartment then to Kam's house. He said to tell you he's going to pay you a little visit soon and that he has a surprise," Jasmine said. I felt my chest getting tighter. I couldn't breathe. "Peter, breathe," Dakota said, rubbing my arm. I couldn't though. I struggled. "Someone get him some water," Dakota said. Kam ran into the kitchen. "What's wrong with him?" Jasmine asked. "I'll tell you when he's able to breathe normally again," Dakota said. "Bro, breathe, you'll be fine," Phil said. Kam came back with a water bottle. "Here bro. Drink up." I couldn't move. I don't know why I'm like this. It's awful thinking that any moment, I could die. I started getting light headed. I almost fell. Dakota held onto me. She walked me over to the couch. We sat down. "What can we do to make him breathe normally?" Phil asked. "I don't know if this would help but I'll try," Dakota said. She kissed my lips. It helped a little. She pulled away. I looked at her. She handed me the water. I grabbed it and took a sip. "I'm going for a walk," I said. "No you aren't," Kam said. "Fine." I got up and threw the open water bottle at the couch. I walked upstairs into the guest room. I walked onto the balcony. The wind felt nice against my face. I closed my eyes as I heard the birds chirp. I opened my eyes and looked at the flowers on the ground. They looked so beautiful. Being out here makes me feel relaxed. "It's beautiful out here, isn't it?" I heard Dakota ask. "It is." She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me. She laid her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her. "The wind feels nice," she said. "Definitely. I love being outside when I'm scared or stressed." "Yeah. It's so nice," Dakota said. "Did I leave a huge mess on the couch when I threw that water bottle?" "Yeah. Phil is picking it up. Kam's pretty pissed about it cause it's a new couch." "Of course it is. He'll get over it. It's not like it's soda or juice or alcohol," I said. "Peter," I heard Jasmine say. I turned around and looked at her. "Yes?" "Can I talk to you alone?" I looked at Dakota. She kissed my lips and then walked out of the room. I turned around and faced the nature. Jasmine stood next to me. "So, what's going on with you and Eric?" Jasmine asked. "He wants to kill me because I kicked his balls." "Oh." "Yup." "I missed you by the way," Jasmine said. I didn't know what to say. I didn't miss her even though that seems rude. "Uh, I missed you too. I don't get it though. How are you not dead? Your dad stabbed you. The heart monitor stopped." "I told the doctors to fake my death. The knife didn't go through that far. The baby died but I didn't." "Damn. That's messed up to fake your death." "Dude I needed to get away from my dad." "Faking your death is not right, though. Do you know how sad Dakota was?" "Yes. I heard her but now I'm free from my dad. And now, I can have you," she said, holding my hand. I pulled away. "Jasmine, I'm still dating Dakota." Jasmine frowned. "Jasmine, you're a pretty girl but Dakota's been helping me through this and didn't fake her death." "Peter, I can help you, too. We've dated before. Why can't we now?" "Jasmine, you are messed up." I walked away from her. I walked downstairs to where Dakota, Kam, and Phil were sitting. I sat down next to Dakota and kissed her cheek. Jasmine came into the room. "Kam, is it alright I stay over?" Jasmine asked. "Stay as long as you want," Kam said, smiling. "Thank you." He couldn't stop staring at her. "Great, Kam loves her," I whispered to Dakota. "That's going to be fun," Dakota said, sarcastically. "She was hitting on me when you left." "Oh hell no." She stood up. "Jasmine, you better back the fuck off, you bitch. Peter is mine," Dakota said. "Dakota, calm down," Kam said. "No, don't tell me to calm down. Jasmine, if I find out that you hit on Peter one more time, you're going to wish you were dead," Dakota said. "Dakota, what the hell? Go upstairs into your room right now," Kam said. I stood up. "Don't tell my girlfriend what to do," I said, wrapping my arms around Dakota. "Guys, grow up," Phil said. "Come, Dakota. Let's go upstairs," I said, looking at Kam. I let go of Dakota and we walked upstairs into the guest bedroom. "I'm so sorry for Kam," I said, closing the door behind us. "To be honest, I'm really shocked you stood up for me." "Baby, I may be a jackass sometimes but nobody tell my girlfriend what to do." She sat down on the bed. I walked over and sat down next to her. "Stupid Jasmine," Dakota said. "Yeah." "What did she say to you?" "She said that I should cheat on you again." "What did you say?" "I told her she is messed up and I walked away." Dakota smiled. "I'm so glad you chose me over her." "I was stupid when I chose her over you when I was dating you too...no, I was stupid for ever dating Jasmine in the first place," I said. "Peter, it's okay. We all make mistakes." I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. "I'm going to bed. We never ate but oh well," Dakota said. "I'll sleep too." We laid down and fell asleep. I woke up at 3am to go to the bathroom. I opened up the door after I was done. Jasmine was standing there. "Oh Peter, you are so foolish and oblivious," she said, laughing. "What are you talking about?" She pulled out a gun and pointed it at me. "When I first came here, I thought you would get suspicious when I told you Eric sent me here. But you believe that I was here to hang," she said. She chuckled. "What are you talking about?" "Eric sent me to kill you." "Put the gun down," Dakota said. Jasmine looked at Dakota. She looked at me and smiled. She quickly faced Dakota and shot her. Dakota fell to the ground. "No!" I ran to her and kneeled beside her. I heard another gun shot. I felt sharp pain in my back. I felt the spot and looked at my hand. Jasmine shot me. There was blood on my hands. After that, I blacked out.