Chapter 3

Chapter 2 of The Real World, finally!

Enjoy!

---

Uragiri's eyes widened and she held her breath. Her eyes hesitantly fluttered to the intruder who had saved her life. Donny had called him Sasuke. He was of Uchiha blood and lived pleasantly in the grand Uchiha household; the very place she had stolen from, two days ago. Uragiri had not even the slightest bit of care for the people she stole from, and the Uchiha was no different. Yet here she was, alive and well because she had managed to cross paths with one of her victims once again. But now the victim had been enlightened about how she had stolen from him; she felt cold from how sudden the situation was. Sasuke suddenly turned his head, their eyes finally meeting. Uragiri was expecting the male to be furious or frightened, but his expression remained stoic, as if he was blind to the sinister danger surrounding him. Perhaps her "renegade lifestyle" wasn't as intimidating as she had thought.

"This is what we call fate" Donny lectured, placing his empty hand on his empty heart. "You were both fated to die together" he finished, and then with a rather plastic sigh, he swiftly placed the gun in his hand near Uragiri's forehead. An evil grin took over his lips; Uragiri wanted to get rid of it. Her heart was beating like an on-going, rhythmic drum, but not by the likes of pitiful fear. Instead, adrenaline consumed her and she felt oddly excited. Uragiri bravely decided to keep Sasuke's gaze. She told herself to believe that they were on the same side. Even though she had stolen from him, there was some part of her that determinedly concluded that the Uchiha posed no threat to her, but to Donny instead. But it was only a simple gut feeling; Uragiri still remained cautious.

"Any last words, my darling...perhaps a confession for the Uchiha? From what I've heard, the Uchiha is very popular with the ladies" suggested Donny. It was only then that she decided to break her gaze and turned her attention towards the pudgy gang leader. "I do have a confession to make, but it's for you Donny" she replied. Donny raised his brows, and for a few seconds, his grip on the gun became gentle. Uragiri used those few seconds to test her luck.

With both of her hands, she pushed Donny's hand upwards, causing his finger to snag on the trigger and shoot a bullet through the ceiling. All of Donny's men ducked on impact; only Uchiha Sasuke remained standing, a small smirk playing on his lips.

Uragiri placed hard pressure onto Donny's wrist with her nails. The gang leader's pudgy fingers painfully opened, and the black gun slid from his grasp. Uragiri caught the weapon before pushing Donny to the floor, kneeling down and aiming it in level with his sweaty head. "If you don't want him to die, drop your weapons and move towards that dartboard" she commanded, addressing Donny's men. They were all wearing black masks, their expressions and emotions hidden away behind a layer of darkness. The men silently obeyed and weapons were quickly thrown to the red carpet floor, the sound of impact echoing around the dimly lit room. "You're going to have to do better than that. I've stayed with you guys for three years" she reminded coldly, while grabbing Donny's arm and bending it back roughly. The gang leader cried out in pain.

"Do as she says, you scumbags" Donny roared. More and more lethal weapons dropped roughly to the floor, from the largest of machine guns to the smallest of daggers. After ridding themselves of the violent, everyday weapons, the masked men all slowly scuffled towards the area where the dartboard was located. Uragiri re-positioned her empty arm around Donny's neck as she held him hostage. She held the gun firmly while scanning the cluster of masked-man. There were around twenty five of them, and Uragiri was determined that she'd be able to handle them all with a small push of persistence. She only needed someone to take care of the hostage in her place.

"You... Uchiha Sasuke" she called out, her eyes still gliding over Donny's minions, in case they started to rebel. If she didn't get rid of them now, it would cause all of her efforts to go down the drain, without causing any sort of powerful impact. That, and her life would be crumbled and smashed by Donny's own hands. Uragiri heard Sasuke click his tongue. Her eyes moved to the Uchiha to find him staring at her with a rather disliking frown. "I know you want Donny and his men, so I'll help you. Hold Donny hostage while I take care of his followers" she suggested cautiously, hoping that the Uchiha would comply.