Chapter 12

Fresh's POV

So after little Paper Jam dumped all his feelings on me, and cried a little on my shoulder while I was calming him down, he passed out. But wait there's more, he passed out on me. Naturally I didn't want to let go of him, but I knew I should probably lay him down. Or maybe just cuddle a bit more? I rested my head on PJ's, and my grip unconsciously grew tighter.

Someone lightly knocked on the door frame, so I looked up only to lock eyes with Error. He's a pretty rad dad, but sometimes I question his methods. I brought my focus back to Error only to see him with the cheesiest smirk on his face. He then wiggled his eyebrows some and pointed finger guns at me and said, "Get some~", before walking away with an overly exaggerated wink in our direction.

I let out a soft chuckle and pet Paper Jam's head. I then proceeded to lift him up bridal style and lay him down on his bed properly. After bringing the blanket up to his chin, I smiled down at him, and placed a lingering kiss on his forehead. Maybe someday, I'll tell the kid how I feel. What I saw when I looked down at Paper Jam nearly scared my soul straight out of my body. His eyes were wide open, his face was covered a deep raspberry color, and he looked almost shocked.

Paper Jam's POV

I was awoken from my short rest when Fresh picked me up, but he didn't know that. So I pretended to stay asleep while he laid me down. I figured he would just lay me down and leave but I guess not? Just then, I feel a soft sensation on my forehead, could it be that I was kissed? My eyes shot open at the thought, and I knew I was a blushing mess. It couldn't have been though, right?

Fresh would never think twice about being with someone like me, so why would he-- "J-Jammy?", My thoughts were cut off by Fresh speaking my name, "Yes Fresh?", I managed to say. Fresh continued, "I thought you were asleep, I'm so sorry." Then a wave of confusion hit me, "Why are you sorry?", I questioned. He then cleared his throat and said, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

Right after apologizing for a second time, he just plopped down on my floor. Legs crossed, elbows planted firmly on his knees, and his head rested in his hands. "PJ, I'm so sorry." After hearing that, I couldn't take it anymore. I sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed. Then proceeded to scoot off and sit beside Fresh. I then spoke up, "There's nothing to be sorry for Fresh, it's okay."

I'll admit I was still blushing, and now so was he. It was silent for awhile, but it was a somewhat comforting silence. I reached over and removed his hands from his face, "Fresh..", I softly said, "I have a confession to make." He slowly looked up, not trying to hide his blush. Am I really going to say it? "I-It's okay, I did it too.", I stuttered.

Fresh's POV

He did what? This is when confusion took over my expression, "Did what too Paper Jam?", I asked. His face then exploded and he covered his face in his scarf, "I kissed y-your forehead before too..", he said muffled a bit by his scarf. It took a moment for my brain to process what he just said, then realization swept over me. "Oh.", I said simply.

I then looked at the clock, 10:34pm, then looked back and smiled. I stood up and reached a hand out to him, which he bashfully took. I then hugged him sweetly and whispered, "Let's go to bed." He nodded and crawled into his bed, I said goodnight and turned off his light then proceeded to walk to the couch in his living room. Then fell asleep.

~Time Skip Couple Hours~

I was shaken awake by a teary eyed Paper Jam. "What is it? You okay?", I mumbled groggily, "I h-had a nightmare...", he whispered, "..can you sleep with me Fresh?" I then got up, and took his hand and led him through the dark house back to his bedroom. "Thanks Fresh", he quietly said, I looked at him and said, "Anything for you."

He got back into his bed, and I followed suit, then pulled the blanket over our bodies. Paper Jam crawled into my arms and cuddled up to my chest. I smiled softly and wrapped my arms around him, and kissed him on the forehead, "Sweet dreams.", I whispered, before drifting into a dreamless sleep.