Chapter 13

Paper Jam's POV

I awoke wrapped tightly in Fresh's embrace. My face was buried into his chest and his arms were securely wrapped around my waist. I smiled as a light blush formed on my cheek bones. I thought to myself, this is how things should be. I want this to last forever! To wake up every morning next to the most handsome, and caring monster I know, Fresh, for the rest of my existence. My expression soon fell, as I thought, but that would never happen. He deserves better than me.

I sighed and put on an optimistic expression to shield all the confusing vibes I was giving off. I snaked my arms around Fresh's waist and pulled my self closer to him. Closed my eyes and sighed in content. I just want him to understand the feelings, that even I, myself, can't seem to understand. That's asking too much, but I can't help but wish he felt the same as I do.

Fresh's POV

I shift around a little, and feel something gripping onto me. I groggily open my eyes and look down, only to find the one and only adorable Paper Jam clinging onto me. I can't help but blush a little at this. He looked up at me with big, innocent eyes and smiled softly, "Good morning, Fresh." He whispered. I chuckled and retaliated with, "Good morning, how did you sleep?" He smiled and muttered, "Good, thanks to you..", while blushing madly.

A smile rose to my lips, I then pulled him closer to myself and said almost too quiet for myself to hear, "Thank you." We stayed in this extremely comfortable position, enjoying being in each others company for awhile. I then began to drift into thought, but the only thing I could think about was my crush. I want this little ball of adorableness to be my pride and joy.

I want to be able to hold his little hand, and hug him, and kiss his cute face. I want to share sweet moments with him, moments that will turn into beautiful memories that we can look back on together. I want to take him on romantic dates, and lavish him in kisses. I want to have movie nights where we watch horror movies, and we're all cuddled up together. I want for there to be rocky areas that we work out together, but in the end still know we have each others back.

No. No more saying 'I want this' and 'I want that' for myself. Today, I'm going to make things happen. I'm going to confess to him, even if I'm not the one he's been searching for. I need him to be aware. If he rejects me or feels the same, I need him to know.

*BANG*

Just as I was hyping myself up to confess, PJ's bedroom door slammed open and I fell off the bed. I looked up to see an extremely angered Ink. "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!", Ink screamed. I instantly grabbed my shades and slipped them on, while getting up simultaneously. Ink angrily stormed in and shoved me aside and started inspecting his son. "Did he hurt you sweetheart?", Ink cooed to Paper Jam as he was searching for anything obscene.

"N-no Dad, Fresh would never lay an unkind hand on me.", PJ said. Ink smiled softly at his son, and released a barely noticeable huff. "With all due respect sir-", I was suddenly cut off by Ink, "SHUT UP YOU COLORFUL PIECE OF 90's TRASH!" It was right about then when Error walked in with a bored expression on his face and said, "C'mon Inky. Why are you screaming so early in the morning?" Ink turned around to face Error and exclaimed, "Fresh was in my Jammy's bed, with Jammy!"

Error took Ink's hand in his own, and kissed Ink's cheek. "Leave them alone babe. They'll be fine." Ink who still looked annoyed, gave me a menacing look then left the room. Right before Error took his leave, he shot a glance in my direction and gave me a thumbs up, then left.

Paper Jam's POV

"I-I'm so sorry Fresh.", I apologized, "My dad, he's just overprotective is all." I then stood up and wrapped my arms around his torso, giving him a tender hug, which he returned. Maybe I should just get this off my chest, I should just tell him how I feel about him. It might ruin our friendship but... I need to do this. I released the embrace and took a deep breath.

"I need to tell you something--", they both said simultaneously. "Oh, you first.", I said, not wanting to be rude or anything. "No, you go ahead Paper Jam", he countered. I could feel a light blush creep across my face, I looked up full of determination. "F-Fresh, please don't stop being my friend after this. I don't want what I feel to change our current relationship." I said, he nodded and signaled for me to continue.

"Gosh, I don't even know how to say this... This is probably not the best time for me to tell you, but I can't not say anything." I started blushing harder and looked at my feet. I began to fumble with my scarf, and said, "I like you Fresh, in a romantic way. If you don't feel the same, let's keep this relationship completely platonic. Just please don't stop being my friend Fre--"

I was suddenly wrapped in a tight embrace, "I like you too PJ, I like you a lot.", Fresh whispered in my ear. I could feel tears prick at the corners of my eyes, as I returned the hug. "T-Thank you, Fresh.", I said softly as I pressed my forehead against his chest.

__________________________________

Author's Note *PLEASE READ*

Hey readers! Don't worry, you won't regret reading this author's note! So as some of you should be starting to know, this story will be finished soon! So here's the deal! I'm going to be writing another book!

The good news is, YOU GUYS GET TO CHOOSE WHAT THE NEXT BOOK IS ABOUT! Stay tuned for the next published part, because I'm going to let you all vote! The most popular voted story will be what is written next!

I do what I do to please all you #FreshPaper shippers! Thanks for reading and cooperating!