Chapter 4

Emily's POV

What a drama queen. Riley just stormed out of the house to who knows where. She will probably turn up sometime in the night. My parents are acting like nothing happened. We just carried on with our day. But she didn't come home.

The next day, my parents were pretty worried that Riley didn't show up. "She will probably turn up at dance" I suggested so they would be less tense. They seemed to calm down after that and I left for dance to give my sister a good talk(or yell).

I drove to dance and met up with Stephanie and Tiffany in the parking lot. We all walked in together talking about some new E-girl rules. As soon as we enter I start looking around for Riley, but I don't see her. She must be late, I reassured myself. 5 minutes later, we started rehersal. Chris and Kate walked in, then Chris did the "Dolphin Tail".

Chris: Okay dancers, today.............wait, where is Riley and James?

West:I'm not really sure where James is.

Kate:Emily, where is Riley?

I froze. What do I tell them? The family had a fight and she stormed off to who knows where?

Me: Umm..........she left the house last night and didn't come back, but I figured she would show up here.

Chris: Interesting, they are probably just late. Anyways-

Chris was cut off by James' mom,Debra bursting through the doors

Debra: IS JAMES HERE!?!

Eldon: Umm, no. Why?

All the life drained from Debra's face. She shakily handed Chris a note. He read it out loud:

Chris:
Dear Mom and Dad,
I am sorry to inform you, but I am running away from home. Me and Riley are both running away. Don't worry for us, we will be just fine. I love you, and I will write you. Please explain this to my fellow dancers at The Next Step.
Love,James

Everyone in A-troupe stared wide-eyed at Chris as he finished reading the note. I couldn't breathe.

What have I done?