Chapter 11

Riley's POV

After my delightful breakfast in bed from my slave, I relaxed on the couch while I ordered him to do chores around the house.

The strange thing was that he went along with it willingly. He didn't whine but just went along with it, which made me smile.

My faithful slave.

Once the house was clean enough, he joined me on the couch.

"Okay, since you have been such a good slave, you get to order me to do one thing."

James smiled, then the smile turned into grin, then the grin turned into a smirk.

"Alright Riley, I am ordering you to watch 3 scary movies with me."

I froze. I knew I would get scared easily. Emily always used to prank me during scary movies.

James saw my scared expression and seemed a bit worried.

I took a deep breath and breathed out "Alright."

Before I knew it I was on the couch, James beside me, watching a horror movie. Multiple times, I hid my head in James' chest. He didn't judge me, he just soothed me each time. By the time we were finished all three movies, I was spooked. It was late so we went to bed. Though I doubted I would sleep.

James' POV

In the middle of the night, something woke me up. I sat up and turned across the room. Riley was thrashing and crying in her sleep. She was probably having a nightmare. I immediately threw off my blankets and practically ran to her bed. I kneeled down next to her face and kissed her on the lips. At first, she thrashed violently thinking I was something dangerous, but eventually melted into the kiss. She kissed back cautiously, then forcefully as if I would disappear. I broke the kiss, then picked her up bridal style. She clutched to me, gripping my shirt in fists like I would disappear, then hid her face in my chest. I brought her back over to my bed and we got in together.Riley immediately snuggled into me and sighed. "I hate scary movies" she mumbled. I let out a chuckle and kissed her forehead. Before long she was asleep. In the night, she whimpered and tossed a bit, but I calmed her down each time kissing her and saying "Nothing is going to hurt you, baby." , and she slept peacefully the rest of the night knowing I was there.

New rule: No more scary movies for my Riley.