Chapter 1

Riley's POV

I walk down the street to James' house. I just hope he is home.

I knocked on the door and waited about 2 minutes before the door opened, and James appeared before me. He smiled when he saw me, but his smile immediately turned into a frown when he saw my mood. He gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his hoise, closing the door behind me. He walked me over to the couch and sat me down. James grabbed both of my hands in his, then tilted my chin up so I looked at him. I could see deep worry and concern in his eyes.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked gently.

I took a deep breath and began explaining everything that happened from the minute I got home. When I finished my story, I had tears in my eyes and had broken eye contact with James. He pulled me into a tight hug and began whispering reassuring things in my ear.
When I finally calmed down, I told him on what I was planning to do. I didn't know how to say it, so I just blurted it out.

"I'm running away."

When I said this, his eyes grew wide. I knew this would happen. Before he could start rambling on about why I shouldn't, I explained to him how I couldn't go back to that house, and how I had no choice but to do this. What he said next totally took me by suprise.

"I'm coming with you."

R: James, no
J:Riley, yes
R: What about your family?
J:All I need is you.
R. James-
J: I'm coming with you. End of discussion
R:*sigh* I hate you, you know
J:*smile* Love you too.

That afternoon we planned out what we were going to do. Luckily, James had an uncle who owned a house we could live in, cause he never used it. While James started packing and left a note for his parents, I went back to my house to pack my own things. Of course, I didn't want my family to see me, so I grabbed a ladder from the garage, and climbed through my window. I packed, but I didn't bother leaving a note. By the time I finished and climbed back down the ladder, James was already waiting for me in his pick-up truck. I threw my bags in the backseat next to his, strapped on my seatbelt, and laid back in my seat as he started the engine and slowly drove away.

No turning back now.

This is it.