Chapter 8

Four months later.....

"Hey guys! Wait up!" I tried yelling at them from a distance.

"Hurry up Emma." Liam called out to me.

I tried hurrying my pace, but my legs couldn't run faster than I wanted them to.

It's been about four months now and I could say a lot has happened. Alex finally convinced his love to Sam and it's finally official that they are an item now. I couldn't be much happier. And Alex turned out to be a really great guy. I guess never judge a book by its cover.

Meanwhile, Liam and I became best friends. We actually had so many things in common even though we looked like two different people in opposite worlds.

In those months, the four of us have been really close and spending a lot of time together whenever we can. Right now, we are on our way to our secret camping site. We usually come here every weekend.

And now, I'm the last person behind because I was too slow. In my defense, the place is too rocky and I don't do too well around those areas but I got to admit, the place has a beautiful site.

"Hey." I said nearly whispering trying to catch my breath from all the running.

"Hi. Enjoying the view?" Liam replied.

"Yes. Why do you ask me every time we come here?"

"I...I don't know." he answered blurting out a laugh.

I couldn't help it but join him.

"Today is a special day." He said looking serious now.

"Really. Why is that?"

"Well...I have a surprise for you but you will find out later. Let's just catch up with the rest."

"Okay?" I said with a confused face.

"Give me back my marshmallow!" I yelled at Sam.

"No! It's mine!" she yelled back trying to run.

Before she could move a muscle, I jumped on her and we were practically fighting for a marshmallow. Alex and Liam were just busy talking about football and other guy related stuff.

"Yay! I won!" I said jumping up and down while doing my crazy victory dance.

"Snatching marshmallows isn't winning." Sam pointed out as she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever." I replied sticking out my tongue at her.

"Hey guys, please come forward. I have some things I've been wanting to say to someone for a very long time." Liam announced looking so nervous.

I wonder what he is up to.

We all sat at some logs near the camp fire waiting for Liam to continue. I didn't know why but I had a feeling of excitement.

"As you all may know, today is a special day for me." he cleared his throat before continuing, "because today is the day I finally get the courage to express my feelings to a very special someone." he looked up at me.

My heart suddenly skipped a beat. Sam rubbed my thigh giving me an excited smile.

"Emma," he said, coming closer to me. "I don't know how to say this but, it's killing me Emma. It's killing me because I don't want you to go another day without knowing how I feel about you." he took a long breathe.

"And I'm not ready to tell you I'm in love with you because I'm not yet. But whatever this is, I'm feeling- it's so much more than just like. It's so much more. And for the past few months, I've been trying to figure out. I've been trying to figure out why there isn't some other word to describe it."

"I want to tell you exactly how I feel but there isn't a single word in the entire dictionary that can describe this point between liking you and loving you, but I need that word. I need it because I need you to hear me say it." Liam said as I saw his eyes filled with so much passion and honesty.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I never expected this. I never expected Liam to like me. I thought he only liked me as a friend. But the next words he said caught me off-guard.

He knelt before me and took out a beautifully designed box from his jeans pocket. He opened the box and a beautiful silver heart-shaped pendant came into view.

He brought it out and held it in his hands before saying, "Emma, would you do me this honor and be my girlfriend?"
A/N:

Lol cliffhanger. Sorry guys. So...what do you think about this chapter? Do you think Emma will say "yes" ? Or the other way round? And what is it about her past that hurt her so much?

I want to know your opinions guys!
Please vote,
Comment,
And share

It inspires me alot!!

Love y'all (ε゚○)

Sayyidak.