Part 5

Millie|

Gaten (@puddingfordustin) started a chat with Millie (@miliemoo86)

Puddingfordustin: Heeeeey Millster Monster
Milliemoo86: Hi!!! What's up G?
Puddingfordustin: wanna watch Greys anatomy later and get ice cream? I miss hanging with you!!
Milliemoo86: aww sure I'd love to! I miss you too! :)
Puddingfordustin: yay!!! So, meet at my place at 4:45?
Milliemoo86: yes sir!
Read at 6:55 am

I smile down at my toes as I approach my school. Something feels unusual. Like almost, alarmingly unusual. I try to shake off the feeling that something bad's going on as I trot to the doors. Then I hear it.
"YOU LITTLE IDIOT! WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT? LET'S GO! CATCH ME OUTSIDE!" It was a familiar voice. It took me a moment to register whose it was. Caleb. My heart started pounding as I ran over to where a huge mob was formed. I shoved my way through people, and I was mortified by what I saw. Caleb had Noah bloody, and laying on the ground sobbing and quivering. I screamed in horror as I marched right up to Caleb. And then I did something so ungodly, I can't believe I survived it. I slapped him right across the face. And I slapped him hard.
"What is going on?" I demanded as I looked down at Noah, who was quivering and laying there all bloody and beat.
"Oh Millie stay out of it! We don't need your little dumb wit and grammar over here. Don't you have a class to go to?" Caleb spat. His words stung like a hot iron to a hand. I was choked up as I extended my hand down toward my feet where Noah was laying. He gingerly grasped it and let me pull him up so he was standing. He wheezed and wobbled and nearly fell down but one of my classmates happened to be behind him to catch him. I shot one last nasty, hurt, and disgusted look at Caleb, and stormed off to the principals office with Noah leaning against me as we walked.

Finn|
At school, a fight broke out between Noah and Caleb. Well I wouldn't exactly call it a fight. It was more of, Caleb beat Noah up. The reason they had such a brutal mix up was Noah accidentally spilled iced tea all over Caleb's new Air Jordans. And Caleb being Caleb, he overreacted and went full throttle on Noah. I heard Millie got involved, but I'm sure she didn't do anything bad. She probably told them to stop and then made sure Noah was okay.

"Mr. Grayson please! Help!" I hear a small British voice yell from the principals office. I panic. Millie. I drop my backpack near my locker and speed walk to the office. I hear mumbled voices so I inch closer to the door and eventually put my ear up to it. Here's what I hear.

Millie: No no no it was bad! You don't understand! He needs help! And you have to do something to punish Caleb!
Mr. G: Millie, I'll do what I can. Now, did anything happen between YOU and Caleb?
Millie: W-well, not really. I mean, I slapped him. That's it.
I silently pumped my fist in the air. I can't believe that MY friend slapped Caleb! I'm proud of her! As I hear the doorknob beginning to turn, I panic and start shuffling down the hallway, and I hear footsteps behind me. I look back to see a small, sad, crying Millie. My heart sinks.

"Aww hey, what's wrong? Talk to me." I ask calmly.
She sniffles and says " Caleb. He hates me!" She then bursts out into loud, hurt, painful sobs. I grab her hand and pull her aside, realizing people have begun to notice the current circumstance. I wait until a few more people walk by before I decide to bring Millie outside. As we sit down under a tree, Millie starts sobbing again. I rub her back reassuringly.
"He hates my guts, Finn. He told me to go to class and stay out of it because he- he- he doesn't want my British wit and grammar around!" She wailed, being taken over by a wave of sobs. Her body shook as I held her close.
"Shh. It's okay. He doesn't hate you. He was just mad. It's going to be okay. He doesn't hate you. I'm right here, it's okay." I just repeat those words and rub her back until she stops crying, and soon I notice she's snoring and drooling on my jacket. I laugh and smile at Millie's sleeping face. She's beautiful, I'm not going to lie. I place my hands under her arms and hoist her up, and she smiles at me groggily. Hey, who needs school anyway?
I take Millie's hand into mine, and we run off into the woods. We take the grown-in, thorny trail back to my house because we can't risk getting caught skipping school. When we approach my house, I feel Millie tense up.
"Hey, it's okay. My mom and dad aren't home. You can hang here until they get back." I suggest, eager to get inside my house. She smiles and nods as we creep inside. The first thing we do, the second we get in the house is, laugh hysterically. We fall to the floor laughing, and scream with laughter. We laugh for a good 5 minutes before we compose ourselves. Millie wipes the tears away that had appeared from laughing so hard.
"So are you hungry or anything? God knows I am!" I ask, grabbing bread and turkey and sandwich ingredients.
"Yes, do you have enough for a sandwich for me too?" She asks, pointing to the mess of Turkey, cheese, lettuce, mayo, and bread that I have strewn across the countertop.
I smile and nod. She sits down on one of the bar stools across from where I'm constructing sandwiches. She watches my hands. Then my fingers. Then she looks at my face. I can tell because I can sense it. I can feel her eyes scanning my cheeks, and nose, and lips, and eyes. Then her eyes travel to her own hands. She starts fiddling with a small, metal banded ring on her pointer finger. It's a pretty ring. It suits her well. I set Millie's sandwich in front of her and she smiles and gives me a look that says " Thank you for everything.". She devours her sandwich in minutes. So do I.
"Hey we have about 3 1/2 hours until my mom and dad get home. What do you want to do?" I ask nervously.
"Umm, I'm not sure. Oh! Yes! I know! It's a surprise! Come with me!" She jumps up and pats me on the back. I smirk at her, and she and I are out the door, racing down the street.
She leads me to probably the most beautiful place I've ever been. She grabs my wrist and pulls me over to a huge rock that overlooks the lake. The lake was a rich color mixture of blue, green, and purple. The sky surrounded the lake like a picture frame. The clouds were like cotton candy, and the sky was an explosion of pink, blue, orange, red, and yellow. And Millie's green dress stood out. I could sit on that rock and look at her against the sunset all day. Then the most amazing thing happened. Millie opened her mouth, and started singing.
"Hey now hey now! Don't dream it's over!" The lyrics rolled off her tongue, and fell into a beautiful melodic creation. She sounded like an angel. Watch out world. Millie Brown's on the slide, and the world is her playground.

I'm wheezing because I love this chapter so much! I'm so excited for this story! I hope you guys are enjoying so far! 💕💕 xoxox- Alexis!