Part 7

Millie|

YaLikeLoboduro: Umm.. no.. do you?
I stared blankly at my phone. I hate to admit it, but honestly I was a little disappointed. I don't have a crush on Finn, but nobody's ever liked me before.
Milliemoo86: no.. oh hey did you ever find something to wear for our dinner?
YaLikeLoboduro: lol yeah it took way too long tho.
Milliemoo86: I'm just afraid that my moms gonna bombard you with questions!!
YaLikeLoboduro: ehh I can handle it.. can't wait! I gtg, bye!
Milliemoo86: bye Finn!
Oh man! I can't wait for tomorrow! It's going to be so much fun. I just don't know what to wear. I'll figure it out. I glance over at my clock, and gasp out loud. It's 1:55 am! I yawn as I peel off my clothes and slip into my pajamas, and curl up in my big warm bed. I press my cheek against my soft, purple pillowcase and breathe deeply. My heart begins to pound. I realize I'm thinking about something. Finn. I shrug my shoulders as I grab a pen and a notebook. I begin to jot down my feelings. It's a habit I have. When I feel something that is intense, I like to write it down, just so I can release some tension.
I let the words just flow out of the tip of my pen, and dance onto the paper.

Fast heartbeat
Weird nauseous, fuzzy stomach feeling
Intense smiling fits
Not being able to sleep
Always thinking about him
I stare at the words I've written down, as if they'd explain themselves. After a good 5 minutes of me staring at words like a complete idiot, the word "love" floats into my brain, and I shoo it out faster than you can say shampow.
I don't love Finn. I don't even like him like that. I think. I sigh and throw the book under my bed, hiding it from my mom and dad. And Ava of course. I lay back down and rest my face on the pillow, and I get the weird feeling again as I think of Finn coming over for dinner tomorrow. I just slightly smile, and before I know it, I fall asleep.

Finn|

I yawn a little too loudly and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I look at my clock. 11:40 am. That's a new sleeping record for me. The latest I've slept in before today was 10:25. I threw myself out of bed, and step stiffly over to my phone, and pick it up. Then I remember tonight is Millie and I's night! We're going to get dinner with her mom! A pang of excitement slithers it's way up inside my body. So does this weird, fuzzy feeling. And then my heart starts pounding. The word "love" pops into my head and I kick it out.
**
Alright. 4:15. I have 45 minutes to get ready for tonight. I rip open my closet door and start skimming through my, nicer, clothes. I finally find a black tshirt, and a pair of jeans. I nod at them in approval as I slip them on. I grab my toothbrush and slap some extremely minty toothpaste on it, and shove it in my mouth as I run my fingers through my thick black hair, trying to tame all of its wild pieces, standing straight up, begging for attention. I smile at myself in the mirror as I slide down the railing (it's a habit) and down into the kitchen where I join my parents at the table. My mom has made waffles.
"Well don't you look wonderful! Are you looking forward to going to Millie's?" My mom inquires.
I can feel my cheeks heating up.
"Uh, yeah I guess. I don't know." I stammer. I grab a plate and stack two waffles on it. I shove bites of waffle into my mouth as I scroll through Instagram on my phone. I find myself on Millie's page, and I quickly exit off of it.
Why do I keep doing that?! I smile at my parents and stand up from the table and slip outside onto my back deck and sit down in one of the chairs. I let the crisp morning air wrap me in its chilly blanket of calmness as I put my head in my hands and just sit there.
How do I not make a fool out of myself tonight?
What if I'm not good enough for Millie?
What if her mom doesn't like me?
What if Millie doesn't like me?
All those thoughts pound around in my brain. I shake them out. I feel my eyes getting heavy as I think about dinner with Millie tonight.
***
I jump up to my feet as fast as possible and start panting.
"Honey! You have twenty minutes until we're going to bring you to Millie's! Come on, you must be freezing! You've been sleeping for hours out here." My mom kisses my forehead and throws an arm around my shoulder as we walk inside. I wipe the dried drool off of my chin, and yawn. I pick up my bass from the couch and start strumming. Music is one of my favorite things. If it weren't for people like Mac DeMarco, or the clash, I don't know where I'd be. Music is a way to escape, and a way to express yourself using melodies and notes. I always get lost in the music I'm playing, and I go into this world where nothing matters except for the way I'm strumming.
"Hey son, get ready to go. We're leaving in 5."
My dad interrupts, and it pulls me out of my other world. I feel a shot of excitement and nervousness stream through my body as I throw my jacket on. Even though Millie lives right down the road, it feels like the ride takes hours. Then I see her. She's standing on her porch with a bottle of water in her hand, wearing the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. It's short and black, and goes up to her lower thighs, almost to her knees. She has on mint green converse sneakers, and her hair is down but she's wearing a beautiful golden headband. She looks.. beautiful. I kiss my parents on their cheeks and climb out of the car.
Millie walks toward me and I walk toward her.
"Hi, you look, beautiful." I stammer, and I immediately regret what I said.
She blushes and looks down at her toes.
"Thanks, you look nice too." She almost whispers. I smile at her, and she leads me inside. Her house is amazing. It's a big white house with white shutters, and a white candlestick in each window. The inside of her house is even more amazing. It smells like cookies, and it's huge. The countertops are dark marble, and the island in the kitchen has a spice rack on it. The floors are shiny dark wood, and the dining room table is marble, with a candle on it that smells like pumpkin spice. And the stairs spiral up to the next floor! She has a spiral staircase! She smiles at me when she sees me looking around.
"What do you think?" She asks smiling wide.
"Your house is amazing!" I exclaim and she giggles. Her laugh is amazing.
"Hey kids, I made reservations at Lá Florantina for 6:00 so you guys have some time to hang out before we go. Hi Finn, my names Kelly. Millie's mom." Kelly holds out her hand. I shake it obediently.
"Hi nice to meet you Mrs. Brown. Thanks for having me come with you and Millie tonight." I smile at her as we release each others hands. Millie pats me on the back which makes me blush. She blushes too.
"Oh come here I want to show you something! Follow me!" She calls out as she's halfway up the amazing staircase. She leads me to a big room with white walls, and a big bed with white blankets and soft purple pillows. She walks over to the corner of the room and pulls out a piece of paper.
"When I was in California, I saw Troye Sivan and he signed this receipt!" She hands me the Walgreens receipt. I laugh at it, and look up at her face as she smiles down at the paper happily.
"Wow." I smile. She nods.
"Hey, I need to do something, I'll be right back. Stay here." She scurries out of the room and I hear the bathroom door shut. I'm just stuck waiting in her room I guess. Might as well look around a little. I stand up, and walk over to her bed. I sit down on it. Her bed is soft and comfortable. As I go to straighten out her pillow that's about to fall off the bed, I feel something strange under it. I lift up the pillow to find a notebook. My hands tremble. My mind races, in a fight with itself over whether or not I should look through the notebook.
I breathe deeply and open up the book. I read the pages in my head.
Fast heartbeat
Weird nauseous, fuzzy stomach feeling
Intense smiling fits
Not being able to sleep
Always thinking about him
I stare at the page. I hear the click of the bathroom doorknob, so I quickly take a picture of the page, and throw it back where I found it.
"Hey. Sorry I took so long." She apologizes and I smile at her, trying to stop shaking. I just read a girl's diary! I just read Millie's diary!

A/N
You guys!!! This hit 95 reads today!!  Thank you! I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!! Thanks for reading so far!!! 😂❤️