Part 9

Millie|

I stared at Finn, speechless.
"W-why'd you do that?" I stammered.
"Because I had to." He smirked and threw an arm over my shoulder. I smiled and blushed, and nuzzled up to him and looked at the sky. I felt goosebumps on my arms, but I felt warm internally. The sun was setting, and the stars dusted the sky.  It was a beautiful combination of colors. Red, blue, pink, and a million other hues and shades. The sun floated down behind the mountains.
"Millie." Finn started.
"Yes?" I smile up at him.
"Thank you. For this memory." Finn smiled at me, and took my hand into his. He stood up quickly.
"Did you know there's a lake here?" His eyes sparkled.
"No, show me!" I chirped and we both went tumbling out of the tower. I scrambled to my feet and followed Finn through a small path of trees. It was the most beautiful lake I've ever seen. It looked like glass, with the reflection of the last golden sunbeams.
"Hope you know how to swim!" He said as he picked me up like a small child and threw me into the lake. The water felt like cold needles piercing my skin, and my dress was weighing me down. The water bubbled up my nose and I shot up to the surface of the water, treading, and coughing.
"You butthead! Get in here!" I splashed at him as he dove under the water. I started to panic because I didn't see him anywhere, but then he popped up right next to me, which made me scream.
"Well, my moms gonna kill me now that I've ruined this new dress. Oh well!" I laughed, pulling a piece of water grass off of my head.
Finn laughed and shook his head like a dog to get the water off.
"Your beautiful mills, you know that?" He smiled and flipped onto his back to float.
"Thanks, and is Mills my new nickname?" I giggled and played with the piece of grass I pulled off my head.
"Yup." Finn coughed.  He shook his head once more and dove back under the water.
I followed him, ducking my body under the surface and sliding into the water, which at this point was almost black from the lack of light.
I looked around, and saw a small fish flapping around in a patch of water grass. I smiled at it, and went up for air. The second my half exposed shoulders hit the cold air, I shivered. I squatted down a little lower so my shoulders were back in the water, and my head was above. Finn popped up next to me, gasping for air.  I stood up fully so my chest and shoulders were out of the water. I shivered again. Finn put his hand on my shoulder, and stiffened.
"Jeez Mills. Your freezing. We should go because it's getting late anyway." He took my hand and lead me out of the water and onto the sandy beach where I collapsed in a fit of giggles.
"That was so much fun! Now I want ice cream!" I giggled.
Finn laughed and held out a hand for me to take so I could stand. I took his offer.
"Hey mills, do you want a piggy back?" He asked me, a mischievous twinkle in his eye. I nodded and jumped on his back and put my arms on his shoulders as he carried me out of the woods.
"Wait wait wait." He stopped dead in his tracks.
"This is unacceptable." He put his head in his hands.
"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows in concern. He looked distraught.
" We didn't get Ice cream yet!" He threw his head back in laughter, and  proceeded to carry me to an ice cream place.  He attempted to wring out his soaking wet clothes before ordering, but it was no use.
"Hey. Can I get a medium moosetracks in a waffle cone please? Thanks, and for the lady, umm, hold on!" He smiled at the waiter.
" hey mills, what kind?" He looked over at the bench that I as sitting on.
"Um, strawberry in a dish with whipped cream!" I said, standing and going to hug Finn.
"Strawberry and whipped cream in a dish for the lady. Please. "  Finn asked, as he lifted his arm so he could put it around my cold shoulders. He handed the waiter a 20 dollar bill and walked over to an outdoor picnic table with me.
"I never thought I'd be having Ice Cream at 7:30 at night with Millie Brown after night swimming in a lake for an hour and a half." He laughed, and I just smiled at him. The bell rang, and Finn stood up to go get our order.
He walked over carrying probably the most amazing looking ice cream I've ever seen. I stood up and gasped as I took my ice cream from his hands. He watched me amusedly as I took a bite of my amazingly delicious ice cream. He took a loud and obnoxiously loud crunch of his waffle cone and laughed in my face. We smiled at the man running the shop, and stared walking home.
"Thank you so much for the ice cream! " I shove another bite in my mouth.
"No problem. You needed this little fun time to cheer you up right?" He crunches again, even louder if that's possible.

YAYAYAYA I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH. GUYS PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!! I LOVE PEOPES COMENT! Btw I'm half asleep so if this is all incorrect in the morning, sorry!
Oh