Part 17

Finn|
The rain patters against the glass of the windshield, but my mom seems to take more notice of it than I do. I'm too busy sobbing in the backseat, laying flat out across the seats.
"Honey, we're almost there. Hold on." my mom says softly. I don't know how she's so calm during all of this. The car screeches to a halt, and I realize where we are. I burst out of the car and run into the hospital. I trot up to the lady at the front desk.
"Hi. What room is Millie Brown in?" I ask, holding back the tears. She types quickly, and clicks on something on the computer.
"40 floor C." I nod and smile (somehow) and slip around to the elevator. It dings and the door opens, and I jump in and press the C button. Soon enough, I see room 40. I have somehow managed to stop crying. I calmly walk into the room. What I see sends me into a fit of sobs all over again. There's a very pale Millie attached to an oxygen tank with an IV. I see Kelly.
"Honey, come out here for a second with me." she says calmly, as she wipes a tear off of her cheek. I take a deep breath, and the tears subside. We're standing in the hall as she begins to speak.
"As I've told you, Millie has a heart condition, and it had a flare up, and that's why we're here. The doctors said once they get her stable again, she's good to go." I breathe a loud breath of relief when Kelly tells me the good news.
"Oh thank god. How long until she wakes up?" I ask.
"We're not sure. Soon I think." she smiles sadly. We hug and walk back into the room. I sit down in a very uncomfortable chair next to Millie's hospital bed, and hold her hand. She's still beautiful, even when she's sick. Suddenly, she twitches. I feel a spark of hope rush through me. She twitches again, and this time she coughs too. She opens her eyes and sits up quick, still coughing. I rub her back softly. Unexpectedly, she vomits more blood, and Kelly screams. I jump up and run out of the room and down the hallway and find a nurse. I bring the nurse back to Millie, and she grabs a bin from under the cabinet. Millie coughs up more blood into it. I can feel my eyes welling up, but I try to stay strong, for her. She takes a deep breath and stops vomiting and looks at me.
"Finn." She whispers weakly.
"Millie, I'm here ." I say softly. She smiles and reaches over to kiss my cheek. Her lips feel dry and cracked, which is unusual for her. I feel my heart sink deep into my chest. Kelly gets up and goes to talk with my mom, who's waiting in the waiting room. We just stare off into space as our eyes get heavy. Before I know it, I'm home again in my bed. My heart still feels heavy, and something feels wrong.

YAY IM HAPPY I WROTE AGAIN! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THE CLIFFHANGER! XOXOX