Part 6

Millie|
Finn won't stop smiling. I don't think it's humanly possible for him to stop smiling. I guess he liked my singing.
"Can I take a picture with you?" He giggled. I smirked at him and started laughing and nodding my head. He pulls his phone out of his back pocket and holds up his arm and we both make the most ridiculous faces I've ever seen. Finn has about 5 chins, and I didn't know my nose could even bend that way. After we're done taking horrible selfies, we burst out into a fit of laughter. I've never laughed so hard in my entire life.
"What time is it?" I ask, realizing my mom probably is wondering where I am.
"Uhh, 5:15 why?"
I feel this weird feeling. It's not happiness. It's guilt. I forgot about Gaten. I told him I was going to meet him for Greys anatomy and ice cream. I blew it. I totally blew it.
"I was supposed to hang out with Gaten. I forgot." I whisper- squeak. Finn stops smiling and looks down at his feet.
I quickly pat Finn on the back and start off back to my house.
I have to text Gaten and apologize.

Milliemoo86: Hey G I'm so sorry! I was out with a friend and I forgot about tonight!!
Puddingfordustin: oh it's ok lol.. what about next weekend? Wanna hang then?
Milliemoo86: you bet! I gtg, moms calling me 4 dinner. Bye!!!
Puddingfordustin: yay!!!!!! Okay bye millie!

***
"So honey, how was school?" My mom asked, taking a bite of chicken and looking at me inquisitively.
"Umm it was fine, I guess. I made a new friend."
"Ooh!!! Who? What's her name?" My mom screeches.
"HIS name is Finn. He's really nice. And he only lives right down the road!" I explain.
"Oh, it's a boy? Wow! Mills honey, that's awesome! I'd love to meet him!" My mom smiles and takes another bite of her chicken.
"Yeah I think you'd like him."  I smile back at my mom.
"He can come with us to dinner tomorrow if you'd like! We can go to the little pub down the street!" My mom shrieks excitedly. I get a weird feeling in my stomach.
"Oh, uh, sure. I'll text him." I say as I chug my milk.
After dinner I go into the bathroom and grab my small black bag from out of cabinet. I turn on the bath faucet and wait for the water to heat up. I grab my bath bomb from the bag and place it in my tub. The colors throw a fit and tangle with each other as they skip across the glass-like surface of the tub water. Beautiful oranges, and blues, and pinks erupt from the small ball. The colors match the sunset from earlier today. I get that weird feeling again as I remember all of the crazy things that happened today. The part that gives me the feeling is when I was singing to Finn, and when he made me a sandwich.  I grab a face mask from my favorite store, Lush, and apply it to my face as I submerge my body into the blue and orange water. I close my eyes and lean my head against the back side of the bathtub and let my thoughts swallow me whole.

Milliemoo86: Hey Finn!!!
YaLikeLoboduro: yes ma'am?
Milliemoo86: my mom wants to know if you wanna come to dinner with me and her tomorrow?
YaLikeLoboduro: Oh sure.. umm, what's your home phone number? My mom wants to call your mom and discuss the details. Lol.
Milliemoo86: oh! It's 632-449-1101
YaLikeLoboduro: thanks.. okay what do I wear to this, you know, dinner DATE!!!! Jk! It's not a date but seriously what do I wear?
Milliemoo86: just something somewhat nice. Don't dress up tho.. just look normal.
YaLikeLoboduro: that's helpful.. lol I'll figure something out. Thanks for inviting me!!
Milliemoo86: no problem! Um, can I ask you something?
My hands shook. The whole time I was in the bathtub I thought about what that weird feeling meant. Turns out, I like Finn.
YaLikeLoboduro: Sure, anything. Wassup?
Milliemoo86: do you have a crush on anyone?
YaLikeLoboduro: umm....

hahaha cliffhanger because I'm crazy!!!!! lol I hope y'all are enjoying this story so far!! BIG STUFF COMIN UP IN TBIS BOOK SO U GOTTA BE READY!!!
Xoxo- Alexis ❤️❤️