The Messenger Appears

Chapter 19: The Messenger Appears.

Olympus.

"Hermes, how did it go?" Zeus asked as Hermes entered the throne room. "And why do you look like that?" He raised his eyebrow at his son who looks like he has been thrown in a hurricane of dust and dirt.

Hermes spluttered and staggered as he bowed to his father. "I say, their transportation sure is fast, but I will never, EVER, recommend trying it again. Whew." Hermes said as he sat on his throne. The other gods are not there, since they're busy doing their jobs.

"And yeah, about them, I met most of their council members. And you won't believe how sexy the girls are." Hermes grinned at that.

And of course, that picked Zeus attention, being that his brain is on his genitals. "Really huh, can you describe them?"

"They're just you know, like they're from out of this world. Their beauty doesn't only come from the outside of them, their own values and philosophy in their way of living pars with their exceeding beauty. Just think of this, look at Aphrodite, then imagine her as being a kind woman who is loyal, and would fight for beliefs no matter the consequence. Then multiply it many times, you may not be even close to the Ragon goddesses."

"Oh…" Zeus said wistfully while he imagined them.

"Yeah." Hermes replied with the same expression as his father.

A bright flash appeared besides Zeus, which caused him to swear due to shock.

"Hmmph. You two are talking about something privately, IT'S A WOMAN AGAIN, HUH?!"

Zeus gulped. "Of course not dear, were, uhm, were actually talking about Hermes' diplomatic mission to the Beyonders."

"Uh, dad, technically, as I already said, they're the Ragonian gods, or the Ragons." Hermes cut.

"Eh, guess that's much easier than the Beyonders. So yeah, we're talking about that. So dear, can you go away for a while?" Zeus said smiling, though on his head he's screaming at her all of the vilest words that he could ever think.

"I don't think so, dear, as the queen of the Olympians, I ought to know what's happening." She said while holding her head high.

Shit, Zeus said in his head, but he chose to just deal with it and save the trouble. He looked at his son again who is now cleaned up. "Okay, son, speak."

Hermes nodded at his father. "I had talked to some of their council members, and they said that they will need time to decide. They'll send their messenger god after, they said."

"I see, that seems fair enough. Though, is there any clue as to when will this messenger will come?"

"Well, nothing really, Lady Ratrr, a council member, said that it may take a while since, their members are hard to gather, even if it's the king who asked for it."

Hera laughed in a shrill voice. "It seems they're not that so great, since it's like they are all too hard headed. If it's us, one thunder is enough to call all of the council."

"Silence Hera, you should still choose your words that you'll use against them, if they're not formidable, I would not even bother to send Hermes personally to conduct a peace treaty meeting." Zeus chastised at his wife.

Hera just looked away and pouted.

Zeus cleared his throat and continued. "By the way, does this Lady Ratrr that you're talking about, said anything other than what you had said earlier?"

Hermes' eyes widen as he remember something. "Oh yeah, she gave me a book about the Ragon gods. She said that in order to avoid pissing them off, causing a huge conflict, we should read it." He then proceeded to retrieve a package in his pack that is covered in brown paper and gave it to his father.