Worse Than They Seem To Be...

"Alright, let's play some basketball!"

"Yeah!" said Soul, Kid, Tsubaki, and Patty with excitement.

"Hey, Maka! Get over here!" yelled out Blackstar and Maka who was reading her book look up at Blackstar.

"Why should I? You said you were fine with me reading a book on the sidelines. That's the only reason I agreed to come."

"Well I lied sorry-" Blackstar never finished his apology for he got hit in the face by Maka throwing her book at him.

"Hey, it's not my fault you know. Liz suddenly backs out on us and now we need you to play."

"What am I supposed to do? I don't know how to play this."

"Sorry, I'm late guys. I would have been here sooner but I got caught up with some stuff." walking to the basketball court and stopping the commotion was none other than Sora.

"Sora? I thought you were going to stay home and recover," said Soul looking at him and searching for his partner.

"If you're here then where's Beatrix?"

"Uhhh, nevermind that. Are we going to play or not?"

"Looks like Sora saved your life this time Maka. You'll play in the next game though."

"Huh?!"

"Just sit down Maka. Let me take your spot for now," said Sora who push her to the way the bench was.

"Alright, three on three. Sounds fair enough."

"Hey, Kid. Why couldn't Liz play today?" said Tsubaki looking at his direction.

"She said something about nice nails taking a long time to grow."

"A regular game of basketball might be boring. Let's say the losing captain gets a punishment. That oughta make things more interesting."

"Yeah sounds good," said Blackstar while Sora smiled at Soul.

"I was thinking the same thing, Eater. What are the punishments?"

"If we lose, we'll move the picture frames in Kid's place by two centimeters."

"Woah, Woah, Woah!!"

"That would be interesting."

"Alright since Maka was official captain before I took her place...If we lose, Maka has to go on a date with her father for the whole day. Sound fair?"

"WHY DO I HAVE TO GET A PUNISHMENT?! IM NOT EVEN PLAYING!"

"Too bad Maka. It's already been decided."

"HUH?! SORA!!"

"Okay bring it on!" said Soul who pass the basketball to Blackstar.

.....

"You know the reason why you were called here, yes?"

"I'm fully well aware of why I was summoned here. It's about the Revival of the Kishin Asura, right?"

"That's one of the things we wanted to talk to you about. It's also about your title."

"What about it? You know as much as I do that right now I have the job of a meister and claiming the throne once Asura is taken down. What about my title is it that you all are so interested in? If I remembered, you barely care about what I did in the past."

"You are coming of age and that means you will soon rule the monsters. BUT! As law states, you need a king with you in order to claim back your kingdom."