Chapter 39

Camille POV

I was On break in my dressing room and going over my lines with Camryn. She said the visit with her dad was fine. She stayed in her room and the only time there was a problem was when someone at the church met with her and her dad at the park and the man kissed Camryn forehead. She said Keeis beat his ass on sight but he made it seem like a money thing because at the end he told him "you better have my money". On the other hand he really likes Chicago and wants to expand Marcus' empire out there. Anyways, August and I Aren't officially together yet but you might as well say we are. He always at the house, that I rented while I'm here and it's just like we together again. Minus the drama. Lucas and I patched things up and were cool. I'm flying out there this Friday to help him and Dillyn finish the diss track,graduation, and Lucas took it amongst himself to throw a scrimmage basketball game for the road, so I'm in there like swimwear 😛✌🏽️. The girls are playing against Kentucky's Girls and the boys are going against Harvard Boys. It's the very last game for Me and the coach said he's ganna retire my jersey. I'm number 30 like my baby Curry😛. Everything is great so far. And by the way I beat Lucas because I'm 1st in our Class and Valedictorian. He's 2nd in our class by a test score that he scored a 85 on and I got a 100. I told that nigga stop sleeping in his classes.

"When Can We Leave?" Camryn sighed I know she was getting tired of watching me hop on and off set but she was the one who begged to come.

"what scene is Morris and Regina doing?" I asked

"Morris Is Doing The Scene where he finds out who you really are;that you crazy" she recalled

"Then I'm done for today I Didn't know we were that far in the movie. Let's go" I said getting up the movie was making better progress in time then any of us expected. The cast were vets at acting and were skeptical about working with a rookie such as myself but like always I proved them wrong. It was a 20 minute drive to my house but felt like 5. When we got home Aug's rental car was in the driveway and Camryn was bum rushing into the house to call her mans. I followed behind moments later.

"Watchu doing home early" Aug asked meeting me at the door with a kiss

"the next two scenes don't require me and if they need me he'll call me." I shrugged flopping on the couch letting out a sigh. I'll admit I use to think you say lines and then you done but no, it's real work you say yo lines and run the scene multiple times if you make mistakes, the director may change the script a little,and re-run the scene to compare camera angles, frequently wardrobe changes, and make up touch ups. Then Sometimes One of the crew members may throw a tantrum and temporarily quit which may throw off the schedule. August lifted my legs reclaiming what I guess was his original spot before placing my legs back on his lap.

"Ya' Excited Fa' Graduation?" He asked looking to me

"Yeah, it was a nice experience but it was hard having to constantly be on my Ps and Qs with my attitude. It's not like Highschool where the teachers ain't really care what you did or if they did they'd send you out or to the office. These teachers if you disrupt they classes they failing you for the WHOLE damn semester and you gotta pay to retake it"

"Word?" He asked

"Pookie and Some Girl was fussing in class and the professor failed both of em. Pook said that the only way she could retake the class is if she pay $1,050" I gave the example

"Did she pay it?" He wondered aloud

"Her parents said they won't paying for it since she wanted to act up so I paid it instead" I shrugged