Chapter Thirteen- Confusion

THANKS FOR YOUR VOTES

Shout out to sayhellotomylife

My eyes shot opened immediately I felt something cool against my forehead.

"You're finally awake." Kira's voice drifted round me as I became aware of what was going on.

So she's the one playing doctor. At least it isn't Enrico, if it was I'll be freaking out right now. He will forever remind me constantly of it.

I removed the wet towel from my head and stood up. I steadied myself when a sharp pain shot through my head making me groan.

"Where are you going?" She asked suddenly.

I turned to her.
"Where does it look like I'm going. I want to get ready and leave."

She stood up from her squatting position beside the bed.
"You're suppose to rest, you have a high fever and...."

I chuckled cutting her short of what she was saying.
"Why do you suddenly care, besides your opinion doesn't matter. I assure you I'm fine."
I started to unbutton my shirt.
"Now get going, I want to take a shower or would you like to..."

"I'm leaving." She interjected, picking the towel and bowl of water. "I know I was sort of mean at first but believe me I'm not cruel person."
She walked to the door then turned back.

"Oh and a word of advice. Don't overwork yourself, you're not the first guy to belong to a Mafia and you won't be the last." She added before closing the door behind her.

I couldn't help but allow a smile creep up my lip when she said that. She never fails to amuse me.

My attention went to my phone ringing on the bedside table.
"Hey man."

"Dante, you're up already. " Enrico asked, a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Yeah, who were you expecting to pick up."

He hesitated a bit then replied. "Well Kira but since you did, I've got some news for you. "

"Really. " I drawled out. "Speak then."

"I'm doing a crucial background check on El Fortescue." He announced but I wasn't too surprised.

"I was thinking the same thing, cause I bet a pound of my flesh that they aren't new in business. If they were, they won't be able to out throw us." I replied.

"Same here."

"Well, let me know if you find out anything. "
I was about to end the call when I heard some commotion through the phone, like someone yelling.

Then Enrico murmured 'No I'm not.' Rather angrily.

"Are you guys arguing again." I queried.

"I just don't know, I don't get her. She thinks I'm cheating on her. She also told me about your meeting with her at the bar."

I chuckled remembering her slightly drunk state. She was hard to deal with so I can't blame Enrico for their on and off relationship.

"Thanks man, I owe you one. I wondering if you could help me talk to her again, I'm kind of getting fed up." He said slowly.

I frowned at that.
"What do you take me for Enrico? Go look for a relationship adviser to help you with that. I'm through with all that stuffs."

I quickly ended the call and tossed the phone on the bed.

******
The idea came out of nowhere. I agreed to stay but now I wanted to leave.
There was nothing here for me.