Chapter Nine - Thoughts

Banner by

I stared at my broken bottle of 'Every Men's Jack' shower gel.
My reaction had two options, either to just forget about it and get another one from the storage room. I'm a rich guy after all.
Or to yell at her on how clumsy she is and to think she's twenty two.
I know she'll be scared as usual, she always put on mask of braveness and pride around me.

But now she looked..... vulnerable.
I looked onto her eyes hoping to unveil everything that's hidden beneath them.
The red dress she had on really complemented her skin, I wanted to reach out and feel it but restrained myself.

"I'm so sorry, it was an accident." The words left her lips before I could say a word.
I never would have guess she would apologize.

My gaze traveled downward.
Those plumpy, full pink lips. Calling to me.
Did I just think about that?

I'm losing my mind, I need to control myself.
I was like any Italian male. Hot blooded and proud. So better to leave than to do something I'll regret.

I walked out of the bathroom.
Besides, it would be better for her to think I was angry and stay away from me.

She didn't know why she was here and for now it's not yet time for her to know.
In due time she will find out.

My phone rang in my pocket immediately I stepped out of the house.
"Any news Stefano." I asked without looking at the caller's ID .

"Nothing yet. Just wanted to inform you about the flight we booked, the one Felipe's men will be taking."

"That's good. What do you plan on doing next?" I questioned.

"We'll keep track of their movement and maybe try and get a name out of them." He replied quickly.

"OK, I'll be waiting. Just do your job quickly, leave no trace of suspicious for Felipe." I warned him.

"Noted."

I slipped my phone back into my pocket.
It was about time I paid Matadi de Magione a visit.

***
This building was formerly known as Magione but my father changed it to Matadi de Magione to honor my mother.
The secret entrance built inside was to ensure privacy and keep intruders out.
Everywhere was booming with music when I stepped in, I wasn't in the mood for much talking this evening so I moved to one of the private bar.

"Evening Dante." A familiar voice purred beside me.

I turned to meet our black beauty, Nica.
"Hey Nica, how you doing?" I asked, pulling a bar stool to sit on.

"Couldn't be any better. What about Kira? I hope you haven't scared her off?" She asked patting her hair down.

Don't be surprised she knows Kira is with me. She knows a lot of things that go on around here.
Even why Kira was brought here in the first place, she was never going to work here, never meant to.
It was my temper that made me bring her here and unfortunately, Nica and Ricardo shorten her stay here.

"You're suppose to know the answer to that." I replied with a sly smile.
She's stubborn and I had to give her a hard time.

She did a little laugh.
"See you around then." She said, walking away.

I was sipping on the Marsala wine I ordered some minutes ago when my gaze caught someone. Our eyes met and I recognized her immediately.
I signalled for her to come over.

"Dante." Her feminine voice shrilled in my ears and cause her to get a stare from the bartender who was wiping a glass. "It's been so long, I missed you."