Chapter Eight - Mistakes

Banner designed by @hanabi_neko
"If you want something to your taste. Go. Prepare it. Yourself." She growled out.
Each word punctuated themselves with her angry tone and she began to walk away.

I stood up swiftly from the chair and went after her.
Pulling her back by her arm, her body tensed at my touch and she stopped.

"Let go of me, you hurting me." She demanded, struggling with the grip I had on her forearm.
I loosened my grip but didn't let go.

I chuckled.
"And if I don't." She didn't respond. "Now listen, I think my niceness to you has gone far enough. So if you know what's best get back into the damn kitchen and do what I said."

"Or else what? You'll kill me or send me back to that brothel." She shot back at me.

She had guts alright but right not she's provoking me. Hell hath no fury than when Dante Magione gets angry.
I didn't want to say this but I had no choice.

"How about I harm your Daddy. You'll like that." I threatened.

She gasped in horror.
"You have my Dad too."

"You could say that, you could also say he's been around." I replied slyly.

"What have you done with my Dad, you..." She started.

I cut her off.
"You better watch the tone you use with me. Now be a good lady and go do what I asked."

She frowned so deeply it actually scared me. I could tell she was looking for what to say back to me.
I watched her walked away.

"Hold on." I said. She stopped in her track but didn't turn back.
I can imagine all the murderous thoughts going through her mind.
"How old are you?"

She turned to me.
"I believe that's none of your business."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes shut.
"That's it. Starting now I'll be counting how many times you speak rudely and use the wrong tone on me." I opened my eyes to gaze at her expressionless face.
"Once it reaches ten. Expect what's coming for you."

"You can't threatened me like that." She said crossing her arms around her chest giving her bosom a lift.
That was a sight.

I licked my lips
"Oh yes I can. You're down by one so choose your words wisely. Now your age."

"Twenty two." She replied and stormed out.

And that my friend, is how you treat rude and cocky lady.

My grin faltered when my eyes caught the photo on the wall beside me.
Gianna Matadi de Magione.
She would still be alive if the Magione and Basttita rivalry didn't exist.

Surprisingly, the Magione and Basttita used to be one large familia but everything changed.
This story was a generational thing.
My great great grand father, Antone Magione was the head of the familia at that time. At only twenty five, he was being pressured to get married.

That he did.
Everyone expected him to marry within the familia as it was the usual custom but he didn't. The Magione didn't let this act anger them but the Basttita got so mad about this.