Chapter Twelve-

Shout out to -translucent
She got the riddle.

Once I finished relieving my anger, I sat behind the oak desk in my study feeling much calmer.
I glanced around then took my gaze back to the photo in my hand.

Viviana.
Why couldn't I get past the pain she had cause me. Her memories and betrayal couldn't be erased.
After her, there hadn't been any relationship only flings of half a night.

The more I stared at the photo the less I wish to have known her. I wanted to hurt her but couldn't bring myself to do so. Besides, she's gone.

I ripped the photo in anger and pain.
Yeah, I used to love her and had been a fool to be deceived by her. I hated the fact that my father was always reminding me of my past mistakes.

To be honest, anyone would think my father hated me. I don't think so. We have both been crushed in different ways, that explains the coldness and anger that we posses. My mother's death really affected him a lot, he broke down and could hardly be recognized as the man he used to be.
After some months with his psychologist, he regained his composure and his attitude changed.

Now was not the time for recalling the past.
I need to find out who sabotage three out of five of our deals with the other Mafias. In this case I would say Felipe.

I put a call through to Enrico.
"Dante, are you okay?"

"I'm still alive and talking if that's of interest to you."

He chuckled at the background.
"So what made you Father so mad?" He asked.

"Dude, I just don't get how it happened. Our deals have been blocked, no money coming in." I groaned out.

His tone changed.
"You can't be serious."

"Well I'm dead serious. So I need you to find out if the Xoitre have anything to do with this. Try and check on the other Mafias, who we've been replaced with?"

"I'll find some inside men and get back to you." He replied.

"Thanks man."

******
"He has been leaving more frequently than usual." I said to Ricardo who was singing along to music playing. Staying here with Dante had rubbed off on him since he could speak Italian fluently.

He stopped singing to answer me.
"Yeah, he's been trying to get back on his father's good side after last week incident."

"Can't help but think his father has a bit of hatred for him." I blurted out without realizing it.

"Maybe. His father isnt a predictable man."

"If his father knows I'm here, then I still need to find out why I was kidnapped." I groaned out. " I'm clueless, I don't know how my Dad is doing. What if he's sick or worse dying."
I shook the thought away as fast as it came.

"Don't say that, I'm sure your Dad is doing great." Ricardo said.

He sounded so sure when he said it.
"How do you know that? Dante threatened to hurt him." I cried out.

Ricardo shook his head and chuckled at that. "He's just joking. He would never do that."

The doorbell rang interrupting us.
"Thats probably him. I'll go get it." I offered lamely.

On getting to the door, I met another person.
"Hey beautiful, is Dante in?"

"No he's not." I crinkled my brows trying to recall where I had seen him before.
"Aren't you that guy from the brothel?"

He quirked his brows at me, with an amused smile.
"Yeah, the one you had called Dante's father."

I mentally slapped myself for ever saying that.
"Can I come in? Or do you find pleasure keeping your visitors standing." He said again.

"Sorry. Come on in." I said stepping aside.

"It's Enrico if you can't remember the name. I can see you're comfortable here now."

I rolled my eyes and walked back to the sitting room.
"I try."
He trailed behind me.

"Hey Ricky." Ricardo greeted.

Enrico frowned.
"How you doing? But you do know that's your name. It's Enrico or Rico to you and everyone else. Got it?"

He shrugged.
"Whatever, just wanted to push your button. Bro isn't here."

"I called him, I thought he would be here before me. He didnt even tell me where he was." He murmured and plopped on the sofa.

His gaze travelled to mine.
"Sorry to bother but could I get something to drink."

He was so demanding. Before I could reply, Ricardo spoke up.
"Don't bother Kira, I'll get it. I told you before you aren't a maid here." He said with an reassuring smile.

Enrico just sat there looking speechless.

To be honest Ricardo was so caring. If only Dante had that attitude I probably won't have any problems with him.
Being in this place for up to a month, I could tell that all of his smile were genuine.

We waited two long hours sipping on wine and watching a cliché soap opera with Ricardo constantly dozing off.
I was serious when I said this place was so dry of anything to do.

Then Dante walked in, taking us all by surprise.
He was hardly recognisable because he was a mess. His hair were all tangled up, eyes were bloodshot like he hadn't had a wink of sleep in weeks. He looked like any minute now he was going to pass out and he wasn't even drunk.

Enrico stood up and walked towards him. He gripped him by his shoulders.
"What happened? You don't look so good."

Dante shrugged out of his grip and leaned against the wall, cradling his head.
"Nothing, just a bit tired."

Enrico shrugged.
"Well now that you're here. After digging into the case, I finally found who we got replaced with for all the deals."

"Yeah. I know already." He grudgingly replied.

"Really. "
I could sense the hint of surprise in his tone.

"Yes." Dante groaned out. "El Fortescue."

Again with the strange names. Anyway the were the Mafias, they do understand themselves. I had no idea what they were talking about.

Dante walked towards one of the sofa. Before he got to it, he fell.
Not those dramatic fall because you tripped over something or your legs refused to go the way you want.
He fell dropping to the floor and passed out.

For a moment there my heart, I stopped breathing and my heart didn't beat.

Another chapter up. Please tell me if it's good. I decided to shorten the length this time around.

Last week answer.
Mailbox.

Riddle of today.
I am something.
I kiss my mother before I die.

Frist to answer gets a shout out.