2

Sherlock POV

I hugged my knees to my chest and felt a tear roll down my cheek.
~~~Flashback~~
Father looked at me as I read through one of the biology books lying around before standing up and running to where I had put my violin. "Sherlock! Could you not play that bloody thing!" Father yelled as I strummed a chord.

"Why?"

Smack.

"Don't talk back to me boy! Nobody likes a faggot! That's the guys who play violin are!"

"Dad, I-I can't be interested in-"

"Shut up! Go to your room! I will be there in a few minutes. Freak!"

I shuffled my way to my room, wondering why Mycroft wasn't home nor Mum.
~~~End Flashback ~~~
I stood up and looked at my watch. It was midnight. I made my way into the dorm room and looked over to see John sleeping. I made my way to the bathroom and looked at my reflection. Father was right; no one would ever like me- a freak. I leaned over the toilet and stuck two fingers down my throat causing my gag reflex to activate. I saw what I ate go down the toilet. Nobody would ever like me...I'm a freak.

John POV

I faked being asleep when Sherlock walked in the dorm then went to the bathroom. I sat up in bed as soon as I heard the door close and grabbed my phone. Five past twelve. Why was he getting in so late?

I heard him muttering then gagging. I jumped out and ran to the loo, trying to get the door opened. It wasn't locked but blocked so it would barely open.

"John, just leave me alone! Go back to sleep..."

"Sherlock, open the door! I need to use the loo!"

I felt the door move and open, revealing a surprisingly paler Sherlock with tear stains on his face while his shirt looked awful. He smelt of vomit.

"Are you okay?" I asked, reaching out to his shoulder. He flinched when I touched him lightly. "Sherlock?"

He walked away and sat on the edge of the tub, placing the heel of his hands. "You might want to request a room change. I tend to be horrible at being a roommate," he rasped out as I knelt in front of him.

"Now, who would want me as a roommate? I enjoy your strange company. You're an interesting person."

Sherlock smirked lightly as I placed a hand on his knee. "Come on let's clean you up," I whispered, taking his hand to show help clean him off.

"I can do this myself."

"Sherlock, where were you? I was a little worried. Are you okay?"

He only nodded while unbuttoning his shirt while I walked to the room to look for his pajamas. "John, why are you doing this? Are you giving me pity?" He asked with a shaky breath.

"Why would I give you pity? I'm trying to be a friend. I would like to be your friend. Also, we're roommates, so it seems it's not a crazy idea," I countered as I handed him his pajamas, catching a look at his torso. He was all skin and bones with bruises all over his body. "Sherlock? What's with the bruises?"

"Shit," he muttered as he took the pajamas from me and slipped into them. "Look, John, I can't tell you right now. You should get some sleep. I'll be out in a second. Just go to sleep."

"Damn if I will! I want to know! Was it Anderson and those assholes?"

"Does it matter? Why would you care? We're just roommates! Only for a few weeks before you decide that I'm impossible! So just go on to sleep! No one cares about me, and no one will!"

"What? What do you mean no one cares about you?"

He looked away and shook his head. "Please, just leave me alone," he whispered as he slipped into his pajama bottoms.

"Fine."
***
I woke up and saw Sherlock standing by his closet door, grabbing a shirt to change in.

"Good morning, John."

"Shut up you bastard. If you don't want to be friends, I can take a damn hint."

"Look, John, I'm sorry about that. I-I-"

"Just please shut up!" I yelled, cutting him off and grabbing an outfit as I walked to the bathroom. I slipped into my outfit and saw the scar on my shoulder. Sherlock saw the bruise that happened there, but he hasn't noticed I have a scar from a bad night.

Sherlock POV

I

looked at John as he walked into the bathroom. Why do I always ruin everything? I shook my head and walked out of the dorm and made my way up to the roof. Mycroft should be here today, so I have to avoid him majority of the year or Father will have something to say about it.

I stepped out and sat on the ground just looking around. I wanted to stop being such an ass, but John wouldn't understand anything about what I've gone through.

"Ah! Dear brother! Thought I would find you here! How's school?"

"Mycroft, don't you have something better to do other than following me around?"

"Oh no! Now, what's with your roommate? He seemed upset. What did you do?"

I glared at him and stared at my feet. "I did what I do best! I scared him off by being myself! Now leave. Me. Alone!"

"Very well. Oh, you need to drop by the get together at lunch. I might get Greg to come and drag you if you don't come down."

I growled an okay as I looked away, hearing him walk away. I stared down at the dull people walking when I caught John staring up at the sky. He caught me looking, and I ducked down, avoiding him. I peeked back down and saw him shaking his head walking in the dormitory.

I ran to the door and started to run down the stairs when I saw him right in front of me. "Can we talk?"

I nodded, looking back to the roof.