19

Sherlock POV

I stared at the computer screen, feeling the vibration of my phone. I sighed and pulled it out. John had texted, so I ignored it. He didn't need to be talking to me. No one did.

Another text. Then another all saying: Sherl. I just rolled my eyes and kept on working. Each text getting more annoying as they sent.

Finally, I started reading them. A lot were just to get my attention, but the first one was creepy and not John-like.

Sherl gotta come see me. I'm at the gym bored and wanna see u. Pls come. I need to tell u something

I closed the phone and looked down at my hands. I shouldn't have got in the cab with him; I shouldn't have spoken with him. John is now messed up because of me.

Who is this? -SH

An admirer. Might wanna come. Johnny feels a little ill

What's your name? -SH

What's the point? Ooooh Johnny seems to want to hang around. Might wanna hurry. Gym

Fuck.
*******
I ran into the gym and stared at Jim standing over John. His face was bloodied.

"Finally! Sherly has come for you!!!"

I stepped towards the two and looked at John. He was barely conscious. "What did you do to him?" I asked, making sure he was still breathing by the telltale rise and fall of his chest.

"Oh! I did nothing! However, Sebby did. Ah such a guy!"

I saw the man walk out of the shadows. I just wanted John to be well and not dead. He was moaning out something I couldn't understand. I stepped closer and Sebastian- "Sebby"- growled.

"Seb wants to do something bad to Johnny-boy. You can have it stopped by being the loving boyfriend you are by doing as I ask."

"Why John?"

"Why does anyone do anything? I got bored, and John happens to be the closest thing to friends you've got. Sad really."

"You're a psychopath!"

"And you're a high-functioning sociopath. Please do catch up with the times."

I glared at him. I couldn't have John hurt because of me. I wouldn't. "What do you want from me?" I hissed.

"For you to beg. Beg for John's safety and for the pain to end. I know you hate life. It's too boring for minds like ours."

I looked at the man and then John. I just fell to my knees. He had my Achilles heel, and he was shooting at it with all his arrows.

John POV

I woke up to see Sherlock holding onto the railing of the bed I was in. I smiled softly and watched as his curls moved at the way he lifted his head. "Sherlock?" I rasped.

"John? You're awake!"

"Where am I?"

"St. Bart's. You got, uhm, attacked because of me."

Jim. Jim fucking Moriarty. I noticed the way Sherlock was speaking that something was hidden. Was it about that fucked up person?

"What are you hiding from me?"

"I'm not hiding anything."

"Dammit! Sherlock! You're being an ass! I still love you! I always will! I can tell that something is bothering you! What is it?"

He held his arm out and glared at me. "You want to know? Here!" He pulled his arm up and showed scars and puncture wounds. "I don't need your pity or anything! I just, I, need you," he screamed, tears welling in his eyes. "I need you."

"Then why? Why hurt yourself?"

"Long story. You don't need to know."

"Sherlock, I want to. I want to be with you as well, but that's going to take time because of our issues."

"We can work out our issues. It won't be like last time."

I scoffed. "People don't change. There's going to be no damn way we can be who we are without the same bumps in the road just slightly different," I muttered.

"John, I was messed up worse than I am now! I fucked up with family and emotions and normal human things! I wasn't brought up like you!"

I grinded my teeth together and clenched my hand tightly. "You're right. We were not raised the same, but we got punished a lot the same ways. I wasn't raped, though! I get you raised horribly, but you're not the only one!" I was angry.

"I, uh, I have to go. I'm sorry."

He left without any other visits or words. I just accepted it. He wasn't capable of love or any other type of emotion. I don't see how I could love him, but I did.

A/N: sorry not sorry! Love you guys!