Chapter 3

I smile at Richard and stand up from the couch.

"Well, I'm gonna go shower and maybe go out," I say as I begin to walk to the stairs.

"Where to?" He asks as he stands up as well and follows behind me.

"Maybe to the theater," I stand there and wait for his response.

"I'll drive you," he smiles.

"Cool," I smile as I run upstairs and go into my room.

I get some clean clothes and go into the restroom. I take a towel out of the cabinet and hang it on the hooks stuck on my restroom door.

I turn the water on and meanwhile I wait for it to get warm, I strip off my clothes and go on Pandora so I can listen to some music while I shower.

Fall Out Boy begins to play and I stick my hand into the shower to see if it's warm yet and it is.

I step inside and close my eyes as the warm water hits my body. I wash my hair, my body and shave my legs.

I turn off the water and wrap the towel around my body. I step outside and feel the cold breeze from the restroom hit me. I shiver as I begin to dry myself off quickly.

I slip on my undergarments and put on my ripped navy jeans and put on my black and white stripped blouse on. I look at myself in the mirror and smile a little. Until I feel my heart hurt again.

I look down at the sink and begin to cry a little. I look back up at the mirror and suddenly feel insecure. I feel ugly, too skinny but too fat. My hair isn't straight and my skin tone is too tan.

I feel depressed.

I quickly grab my razor and drop it to the floor. I grab a hammer from the cabinet and break the razor.

I pick it up and begin to hold it against my wrist. I cry and it really hurts inside. I slide it against my soft skin and make a cut. One cut, two cuts, three cuts, four. I force myself to throw it in the trash.

I slide down the door and hold my legs close to my chest. I wrap my arms around my legs and I cry into my knees.

I look up at the bright light in the ceiling and my eyes begin to burn.

"Why did you leave me?" I cry out as I feel my throat burn. After a long pathetic cry, I come to senses.

I need water.

I stand up quickly and wet my face but my face is still red. You can easily tell that I've been crying and I don't want anyone to know.

I dry my face with my towel and the blood from my wrist.

It burns and I begin to regret it but it's too late.

I leave the restroom and go into my mom's room. She isn't there and her room is fixed. I walk back out and go downstairs and I see Richard, in a red sweatshirt where you can definitely tell he works out; and black jeans. I smile at him and go over to the couch. I bend down and pick up my docs and put them on.

"So, where is this movie theater?" He asks while standing beside me.

"On Seventh street and Luther," I say while putting my hair up in a high ponytail.

"Let's go," he says, walking passed me and to the door.

"Does my mom know?" I ask as I follow him out of my house.

"Yes, I let her know," he smiles then unlocks his car.

"Where is she?" I ask as I walk around the car and go to the passenger side.

"She said she was going for a walk," he sighs deeply as he starts the car.

I nod my head and don't say anything else. Richard stays in silent too and after a few minutes he turns on the radio. The song, "Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees, begins to play and I smile as the chorus comes on.

"You know this song?" He asks, motioning to the stereo.

"I love it!" I smile.

"Me too," he chuckles as he turns the volume up.

We begin to sing together and my heart feels happy. I miss my dad. Richard reminds me of my dad, making me like him a little bit.

He pulls up to the theater and hands me a twenty dollar bill.

"Oh, I already have money," I smile shyly as I push his hand away.

"And I'm giving you some more," he smiles, putting the money on my lap.

I look at the money again and back at him. Richard smiles and I finally grab the cash.

"Thank you," I smile.

"Thank you," he says back to me.

I get out of his car and wave him off as he drives away. I walk towards the theater and I take a deep breath as I notice, I don't even know what movie to watch.

I approach the lady in the front and she asks me what movie I'm going to watch. I think about it for a while and I look up at the board over her head. All the movies are boring but since I'm happy, I decide to watch Trolls. By the way, I love Justin Timberlake, and he talks as the main guy troll.

I walk in and grab some popcorn. As I'm making my way over, I see that boy that is living in Mauricio's old house and he instantly spots me. He smirks and I roll my eyes.

We begin to walk over to each other and he stops in front of me with a soda in his hand.

"Well, well, well," he says as he raises his drink up to his lips then sips from the straw.

"One well is enough," I fake a smile and instantly drop it.

"Well," he smirks and I roll my eyes, "funny seeing you here."

"Well, I'm not laughing," I smile as I move a little.

"Well, you should be," he says.

"Ha Ha Ha," I fake laugh as I move my head from side to side to prove my point.

"Funny right?" He smiles.

"What do you want...?" I ask as I try to remember his name but then again he didn't give it to me.

"I want you to come with me," he says as he leans his head and I can see his jawline.

"I think I'll pass," I chuckle as I walk passed him but he moves so he's in front of me again.

"To the movie," he rolls his eyes in a serious manner, "don't think other wise."

"Don't flatter yourself," I roll my eyes as I move again.

He moves out of the way but he follows behind me.

"So, you're gonna watch that movie?" He laughs as he notices that I'm walking into the room that says Trolls.

"Yes," I smile as I turn around to face him, he smiles back and follows me inside.

"You want to watch it with me?" I ask, looking over at him.

"Was already going to do that," he smirks. He runs his hand through his brunette hair. I smile as we sit down together and wait for the movie to start.

Whatever your name is, I think we can get along quite well.

- Bobbie :) 03.17.24 | editing