Chapter Two

The last of the winter sun shone down through the trees, making patterns of light on the ground as I walked through the local park on my way home. Troye was planning a date-night for us since our matched birth mother was due to have her baby in a month or so, which meant our date-nights might not be as frequent anymore. He was being really secretive about it, more so than usual but I just let him go. He loved planning little surprises for me, almost as much as I loved getting surprises from him.

It was starting to get dark by the time I reached the entrance to the park and my phone vibrated in my pocket. Pulling it out, I had to smile when I saw Troye's number flash onto the screen.

"Hey, babe." I answered, loving the sound of his laugh echoing down the line.

"You look sexy." He replied and I grinned, looking up towards our apartment building and quickly spotting him standing on our balcony. He waved and blew me a kiss which I returned. "Hurry home."

"Always." I promised, hanging up the phone and quickening my pace ever so slightly.

In moments, I was taking the stairs two at a time up to the third floor and skipping down the hallway to our apartment. I was just about to slip the key into the lock when the door flew open and Troye threw himself at me, wrapping his arms around my neck and his legs around my middle. Laughing, I grabbed his thighs to support him as I walked into the apartment, kicking the door closed behind me and roughly pushing his back against the wall. He grinned and leaned his face forward to kiss me, our kiss becoming desperate and passionate in moments. My hands moved from his thighs to allow him to stand up on his own, instead resting on his waist, tugging at the hem of his sweater.

"I missed you." He whispered when we finally broke apart for air, both of us breathing heavily. I laughed and pressed a gentle kiss to the corner of his mouth.

"I missed you too."

"Do you like date night so far?"

"No."

"No?" It was a struggle to keep a straight face when I saw his face fall.

"No. I love it." I proclaimed, snaking my arms around him and pulling him away from the wall.

"You're mean!" He protested, gently pulling back as if he wanted to get away. I just laughed and hugged him tighter.

"Maybe. But you still love me."

"Forever and always." He smirked and pulled back a little. "Are you ready for the rest of date night?"

"Definitely." I let go of him, allowing him to take my hand, pulling me from the hallway into the living room where he'd set up our Christmas tree in the centre of the room, scattering the ornaments around the base. "What...?"

"I thought we could decorate it tonight since Christmas is only two weeks away."

"Um, not that I don't love this, but what about date night? We decorate the tree every year." He smirked at me.

"Don't worry, I've got plenty more planned but for now, this is what we're starting with." Grinning, he let go of me and reached over to the small pile of golden beads on the sofa. He picked up a string and draped it over my shoulders and arms, giggling like a two-year-old.

"I thought we were decorating the tree." I laughed, moving a little so that the beads jingled quietly.

"We are. But there's no rule saying I can't make you look even more beautiful." He kissed my cheek, using a length of blue tinsel behind my neck to pull me closer. I just shook my head and freed myself from the tangle of beads.