Chapter Eleven

"Are you sure you'll be okay? You know where everything is?" Troye checked for the hundredth time.

"Yes, Troye. We'll be fine. Go, enjoy your evening." Laurelle told him, giving both of us a push towards the front door.

"You've got our numbers?" I asked.

"Yes, and your neighbours', and your parents', and the emergency numbers. Now go. If anything happens, which it won't, we will call. Enjoy an evening off from parenting." Shaun said, waving the piece of paper with all the phone numbers written carefully.

"Okay, but can we just say goodbye again?" I begged, to no avail. Laurelle shook her head and gave us another push.

"No, because then you'll never make your reservations. Go." Sighing in defeat, I took hold of Troye's hand and we hurried out the door to where we'd left the car.

It was our anniversary and Troye's parents had offered to watch Riley for the night so we could have some time to ourselves. We'd been, to say the least, a little nervous about it. Not because we'd never had a night without her, but more because Troye's parents had never been with her without one of us around. My parents and siblings had taken care of Riley for the night several times but tonight, we were a little more on edge. We both trusted Troye's parents but it was more the fact that they'd be in an unfamiliar house in an unfamiliar country.

"You sure you want to do this?" Troye asked as we pulled out into the road.

"I think we have to. Troye, if we don't let her stay with unfamiliar people, she'll be terrified to stay at friends' places and stuff."

"But a friend is familiar."

"You know what I mean."

"I do. Let's just try and relax tonight. Tonight's about us, right?"

"Definitely. I can hardly believe we've been married for four years today."

"It feels like yesterday I watched you walking down the aisle towards me." He said, reaching over to take my hand. I squeezed it tightly "You looked so good that day."

"So did you. But the best part of that day was when we finally got to 'seal the deal' and have our first kiss as a married couple."

"That was amazing. Better than every other kiss." He rolled his eyes and laughed at me.

"Okay, if you insist."

"I do." I grinned at him before turning back to watch the road. He gave my shoulder a gentle shove and relaxed back into his seat. For the rest of the drive, we swapped memories of what was one of the best days of our lives.

Finally, we reached our destination; a fancy restaurant where he'd asked me to marry him. When we made our reservations for tonight, I made sure to ask for the same table.

"Um, reservation for Mellet-Franta." I said to the waitress at the front of the restaurant. I was holding tightly to Troye's had as we waited for her to find our names in a book.

"Ah. Right this way, sirs." We followed her to the familiar table where we sat opposite each other and ordered a bottle of wine to share.

~~

When dinner was finished, Troye leaned forward, grabbing my hand over the table.

"I've got a surprise for you." He whispered.

"If it's an engagement ring, I'm sorry but I'm taken." I teased, waving my left hand at him to show off my wedding ring, but he shook his head.

"No. But I do need the car keys from you." As we stood up, I passed him the keys and he kissed me gently. "Thanks."

"Do I get a hint of where we're going?" I asked but Troye shook his head, taking my hand and leading me out to the car.

"You'll love it, I promise." We drove for about half an hour before, finally, we pulled up outside a hotel that I'd driven past thousands of times but never stopped at.

"Why...?"

"I booked us a room for the night." He explained, coming to a stop.

"I...Troye, what about your parents? I..."

"I already told them that we weren't coming home tonight. And Riley won't even notice that we're gone."

"But if she wakes up..."

"They'll call. Come on, when was the last time we got to celebrate us, alone?" I bit my lip and sighed.

"Okay. Let's go." He grinned as we climbed out of the car and handed the keys to the valet driver. He looped his arm around my shoulders as we walked inside, kissing my cheek.

"I love you, Con. So much."

"I love you too. And I'm going to show you how much as soon as we get to our room." I promised, whispering in his ear and making him giggle like a child. We had to wait for a little bit in the lobby because there was a business man making a fuss at the front counter but neither of us cared.

When we finally got up to our room, we didn't waste any time pulling each other closer and connecting our lips in a desperate, passionate kiss. His arms were tight around my waist while my hands were on the back of his neck, teasing the curls at the base of his head. Clumsily, we walked over to the bed, stumbling and almost falling several times but we made it and collapsed onto it eventually, not letting go of each other for a moment.

"Con?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course. You can tell me anything. I'm always here for you." I said, lifting my head to look at him properly. I frowned, what could he possibly have to tell me that had to be right now?

"I love you."

"I know that. That's why we're here."

"No, I mean I really love you. So much that I, I think I might, one day, explode form the amount of love I have for you."

"What?" I laughed at his cheesiness.

"It's true. You and Riley are everything to me. I'd do anything and everything for you two."

"I know. And I'd do the same. You guys are my family in every way possible and you're my whole world." I leaned down to kiss him again, less passionate but still as full of love as ever.

"I know." He whispered, kissing me back and rolled us over so that he was looking down at me. He sat up, straddling my hips and pulled his shirt off, tossing it to the side. I smiled and resting my hands on his now bare waist, rubbing circles softly against his skin. "I just wanted to make sure you knew how I felt."

"I do know." I assured him, letting go briefly to pull of my own shirt, tossing it to join his on the floor. Then Troye leaned down and started tracing kisses down from my lips, my jaw, my neck, my chest. I sighed in pleasure, closing my eyes and just feeling the moment, feeling my love for Troye.

A/N: Surprise! An extra chapter this week :) I have decided to post a new chapter every second day since the whole story is now written and I'm impatient for you guys to read it. There's not going to be a set time for posting as I'm quite busy right now but there will be frequent uploads. Hope you guys enjoy :)