4

Hallie

"HALLIE! I have had enough of you complaining! Your a 12 year old girl you don't know nothing about this situation!" My mom yelled as we got out of the car. I was 12 but I felt 15, "I hate you! I don't want to live with you!" I yelled as we entered the house.

"You know! I have jumps through hoops to keep you placed with us, do you want to be taken away? Because that what it seems like, do you want to go live with Yale again?" My breathe hitched, and I turned to her,

"Don't YOU EVER bring up Yale. You weren't there and you weren't me. You don't get to bring him up unless you were the one being touched. Being constantly violated." I growled, then she came close to me she lifted her hand and smacked me. My neck turned and and tears starting building up. "You don't get to tell me what I can and can't do. I'm your mother for god sakes." She spat at me, "HOLLY! ENOUGH!" Dad yelled,

I ran to a mirror and looked at my red cheek, the pain burned felt like pins and needles. I ran my tongue over my teeth, "I can't be here" I spoke softly, Holly came near me and I panicked, "d-don't!"

"I'm sorry! babe, please." Then Charlie came near me. "No! Don't call me that!" They were going to hurt me again. I ran and grabbed the house phone as tears began to pour out and I ran into my room.

"Hallie!" They banged on my door and I ignored hem and I quickly grabbed the piece of paper with Demi's number and dialed it.

Hallie: d-d-demi ?

Demi: Hallie? Are you okay? Why are you crying?

Hallie: m-m-mom hit me and I feel-feel like -like I can't breathe please-please-come get me-me-me

Demi: oh my gosh- I'm on my way. I'm bringing social services.

Hallie: o-o-okay

Then banging on the door got louder "HALLIE!" I heard my mom scream, I ran into my closet and hid behind my clothes "HALLIE! YOUR IN HUGE TROUBLE!" I heard my door break and I closed me eyes, like 'if I can't see you, you can't see me'

The closet door opened and I get hands grab my leo "HOLLY STOP IT!"

Whenever I made my mom mad, she got really mad. She had anger issues, she pulled me to her face "who did you fucking call?" She spat, "d-d-demi" i stuttered, she threw me to the ground causing me to yelp. Holly grabbed my iPod smashed it on the ground then the house phone. I heard the front door open and I sighed, "HALLIE?!" My eyes widened at Demis voice. I shot up and ran down the stairs and threw myself at demi and she wrapped her arms around me. I just started sobbing, then Holly came down the stairs "I swear to god, if you EVER touch my child again you will be sorry." Demi spat, then social services came in with police.

Holly scoffed, "Hallie are you okay?" Demi asked, I shook my head and wrapped my arms tighter around her crying.

*
Time had passed and Holly was being put in holding and Charlie was being questioned. "Mrs. Lovato, we see you are getting custody of Hallie." A social worker said, "Yes ma'm." Demi responded. She was sitting in a chair with me laying on her chest sucking my thumb. "Well, you can take Hallie or we can send her to a group home until you adopt her." Demi scoffed "I want to take her." She said in a 'duh' tone of voice.

"Okay, with that you are not allowed to leave the state of New York, until she is adopted or you get your foster licenses. You must sign these paper and you will need to be prepared for home checks over a few days."

Demi nodded "I uh, I'm a singer and I actually am preforming at an award show in a week back in LA, how long do you think the foster license process will take?"

Demi asked well signing the papers. "About a week, you may be back before then." The police officer smiled, "Well Mrs. Lovato you are in temporary care of Hallie Jones, Hallie why don't you get your things." I nodded and went up the stairs and got my backpack and shoved my clothes got school supplies and Mr. Blanket. I got my cracked ipod and ran down the stairs, then demi picked me up "you ready kiddo?" I nodded and put my thumb back in my mouth and we left. "I'm staying at a really nice hotel, and your daddy is there! How fun is that?" Demi smiled, she seems so nice. Maybe thats were I get my niceness from. She was absolutely beautiful and my dad was really handsome and had funny ears.

We pulled up to a nice hotel and demi picked me up and we walked inside and got to the room, "well it's almost my bed time so how about we get ready?" I looked at the bed and plopped down on it. "I'll run you a shower and order food? Sound good?" Demi smiled sitting on the edge of the bed. "Uh, Demi. I can't take showers or be alone."

Demi tilted her head and raised an eyebrow "so do I have to help you?" She asked, I felt my cheeks heat up, I nodded "that's okay sweetheart lets go." Demi took my hand and guided me into the bathroom, she starting filling the tub with warm water. "Thank you for coming I was really scared." I played with my fingers "im glad you called me. I'm always here." She pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead, "arms up." I lifted my arms and I took of my pants and got in the tub, demi used the cup they give you to wash my hair. "Can you sing?" To break the awkwardness because I am naked and it's weird.

Demi chuckled "sure"

Then she began singing beautifully.

--------------------------

Comment & Vote

kik- xoxoaviaxoxo