54

Demi

"Wilmer?" My mouth dropped open, as I saw my best friend for the first time in maybe a year. "Oh god- Demi I'm so sorry for not being here, I missed you and I'm so fucking sorry I was gone and not here." He broke down,

"I-I missed you too.." he pulled me into a hug and I instantly flinched, i relaxed knowing it was just Wilmer. "I saw the interview and I got here as soon as I could, I'm filming for a NCIS but I needed to see you and make sure you were okay. You and Hallie- you guys should had never had to go through that. I'm sorry Demi."

I couldn't help but cry, "mom who's at the door?" Hallie called out, I pulled away from the hug showing Wilmer, I wiped a few tears and I smiled "Wanda!" She yelled. She ran to him and he picked her up giving her a big hug. "Hey Hal, I missed you kiddo."

"I missed you too!"

He set her down, "hallie, can you go upstairs I need to talk to Wilmer." She nodded and went upstairs.

I brought Wilmer into the living room, "are you okay?" He asked, "yeah- I will be. We're attending therapy and with the support we'll be okay."

"Why didn't you tell me this was going on?" He asked. "Because we hadn't been talking, and I wanted to fix the marriage so I just ignored the abuse, but Wilmer I really don't want to talk about this anymore okay?" I sighed defeated, he gave me a reassuring nod, "that's fine hermosa, what do you want to do?"

"Sleep, I know you traveled all this way and I feel bad."

"No no no, don't feel bad I'll stay in a hotel and we can talk and catch up okay?"

I nodded "don't be foolish, you can sleep in the guest room." I chuckled, "okay. Goodnight Demi." He gave me a kiss on my forehead, I missed being touched gentle, "goodnight Wilmer." Then we parted ways, I walked into my room and there was hallie sitting on my bed writing stuff down.

"Whatcha writing?" I asked scaring her a little, "god you scared me." She chuckled, "sorry." I got on the bed next to her, "nothing important just some lyrics." She shrugged, "can I see?"

I was pretty intrigued, "um okay."

She handed me the note book

"Father I'm gonna say thank you
Even, if I still hurt
Oh, I'm gonna say bless you
I wanna mean those words
Always wish you the best
I, I prayed for your peace
Even if you started this
This whole war in me
You did your best or did you?
Sometimes I think I hate you
I'm sorry, dad, for feelin' this
I can't believe I'm sayin' it
I know you were a troubled man
I know you never got the chance
To be yourself, to be your best
I hope that you get your
second chance
Father, I'm gonna say thank you
Even if I don't understand
Oh, you left us alone
I guess that made me who I am
Always wished you the best
I, I, I pray for your peace
Even if you started this
This whole war in me."

When I finished reading, I didn't even realize it but I was crying. "You wrote this?" I sniffled, she nodded "it's beautiful." I wrapped my arms around bringing her into my lap, "I love you baby, so much."

"Life's never going to be the same again, is it?" She spoke, "maybe, maybe not. But we have each other and that's all that matters." I rocked her back and forth, "how about tomorrow we go to the studio and find some music for this masterpiece?" I offered, she smiled softly, "okay, but I don't want to release it yet."

"We don't have to release it at all." She nodded, "let's get some sleep okay?"

"Okay, goodnight momma."

"Goodnight Hallie."

Hallie

I woke up the next day, I finished some online school as I waited for Demi to finish up some work. "Okay wanna head to the studio? I have a team there."

I nodded, "okay let me get my book, I'll meet you in the car"

I went upstairs and grabbed the book and headed to the car. "Ready?"

"Yup."

We headed for the studio, I really wanted Demi to sing this song but she wants me to sing it, I mean it makes more sense if I did. We arrived and we walked in and everyone was welcoming and just nice. "Hey Phil!" Demi smiled, everyone welcomed us back. "Okay Hallie, when your ready!"

It had been about 4 hours and we finally found the tune for the song, it's great and soft. I'm now singing it.

"That's amazing Hallie! Try to hold out that G5!" The vocal teacher spoke, "got it."

-

"You did amazing today." Demi smiled as we went inside In and Out. "Thanks, it felt you know good to get that out."

"Same order?"

I nodded, of course we got stared at and people wanted pictures. Demi went and took our order and I took some pictures with some people. "Okay, so how do you feel about doing some modeling?" Demi asked,

"Really?" I smiled "would I lie to you? Puma wants you to do some modeling."

"Wait! OH MY GOD THATS AMAZING!" I cheered, people started staring at me causing me to blush. "Oops."

"So I take that as a yes?"

"Of course! Yes!"

———————

Shorter chapter

Comment and Vote

Rip avia