Darkness

As unlucky as I was, I still made my way through the night -and the next day. My heart did not live after that. It stopped and broke. But before any of that, during the night, I almost had a heart attack...
She slammed the door in my face as though I didn't even exist. As though I was air-no, poison- that she did not want in her lungs. I slumped down the freezing wall and landed on my fat ass as the wind outside began to violently rage outside. Trees craned their necks towards me as darkness rolled in. Laughs could be heard on the other side of the paper thin wall; no doubt Riley and forgotten that I even existed. Lights flickered in the night and I was pretty sure that a power cut was in store. I was right. All of a sudden, all hope of light vanished as I lay my head in the sodden carpet. For someone that beautiful, I could not believe that this was where she live. It was, quite honestly, a dump.
Howling wind turned the place upside down, leaving no corner or ear, unturned. A creak echoed form the floor beneath me. I could have sworn a shadow past the window or the bottom of the stairs. Who knew? Who would want to know?! I curled up in a tight ball and hugged myself to make sure I was still sane as horrific thoughts crashed through my brain: What if I die tonight? What if Riley never comes out of that room? What if...... 
I slowly drifted off into an unfitful sleep...