just another accident on the freeway of this life

She wanders through the slums of Battery City. People stare at her and whisper, the only thing She ever catches from it is Ella.

She frowns at them and runs a hand, absently over her light Brown roots, showing through the platinum.

The bag on her back is light, but something heavy still weighs on her chest.

She still can't remember. It's been a little over a year since she woke up out in the Zones, and she's still only regained a few unimportant things.

Like her favorite color was red. Heights made her queasy. She can sing.

Her walking halts as the last one flits across her thoughts. It's on the only one not in past-tense.

She shrugs in a kind of "fuck-it" way, and begins to sing.

"So long to all my friends,
Everyone of them met tragic ends,

With every passing day,
I’d be lying if I didn’t say,

That I miss them all tonight,
And if they only knew what I would say.."

¬¬¬¬

Jet Star sits back in the chair, running his hands ove his face. There's so much to clean.

After the BL/Inds. collapse of 2020, the world just seemed to topple.

He was placed in charge of the reconstruction of any type of order what-so-ever.

Well, it was originally the three of them.

But, Party went MIA.

And Ghoul will show up occasionally, with a hard gaze and bruised fists.

It's been mostly left to him now, to lead what's left of the Killjoys.

Jet stands and walks out. He needs to try to get the gang back together.

¬¬¬¬

Ella looks up at the sky through the jungle of buildings surrounding her.

The stars look back, and twinkle.

She looks down and catches a glimpse of herself in a window.

Her hair is more then half, its natural light brown, the white-blonde fading out.

She sighs and pulls a pair of scissors from her bag. Using the window as a mirror, she cuts her hair.

After it's done, a majority of her hair is gone, leaving it shortened and uneven.

A loud shot fires off in the building just on the other side of the road, from her.

Frowning, Ella grabs the ray gun tucked in the waistband of her pants. She stalks forward, and just enters the door when a bottle is smashed against her head.

Her vision begins to swim and she falls to her knees, before just going out completely.

¬¬¬¬

Party fires the gun, just missing the stack of bottles on the table.

The blast hits the wall, leaving a black mark.

His eyes scan over the room, and stop at the doorway with no door, into the "apartment". A shadow is slowly approaching.

He picks up a large, glass wine bottle and holds it like a baseball bat as the shadow approaches.

My eyes hurt, but I got my new glasses finally so that helps.

What are you guys thinking so far?

And I'm sorry about any spelling mistakes. I swear I know how to spell and type.