Chapter 6: The Enemy Revealed

SPECIAL THANKS TO CosmicMist  for making me an amazing cover!! It is so gorgeous I can't even.........UUURRGG! Oh and make sure to go check out my sister's story! It is so AMAZING! It would mean a lot to me! *hint hint**nudge nudge* It's called The Alpha and the Assassin!

Here is my sister's profile: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Darkruby12

Link to CosmicMist: https://www.wattpad.com/user/CosmicMist

~Aeryn P.O.V~

A few days after the attack, I was standing on the porch saying goodbye to my family. Zira, Selene, and I had to travel to the Royal Pack for the Trials. I was allowed to take two guests with me. My parents were unable to leave the pack due to the recent rogue issues, and they were being protective over my sister since she was injured during the attack, even though her leg had almost fully healed. Selene accepted my invitation, partially because she wanted to escape from her brothers and avoid work, and of course Zira was coming too. I felt her guidance would be necessary to help me face the various trials.

"I still don't know why you can't just poof there." Said my father.

Zira rolled here eyes, annoyed that she once again had to explain herself.

"First, it's called teleporting, not 'poofing'." She said, while making air quotes with her fingers.

"Besides, I already told you I have to limit my magic usage."

"I like poofing better." muttered Lyra, but everyone could still hear her.

My dad gave her a fist bump and Zira scowled at them.

"It's alright, dear. He's just salty about having to pay for the flight. He's a bit of a cheapskate." Said my mother.

My father gave her a look of shock and betrayal and I laughed slightly at his expression. We said our final goodbyes before climbing in the car and heading to the airport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally arrived at our gate and sat down on some chairs. In a few hours, we would arrive at the Royal Pack and it was a place I'd always wanted to visit. I'd heard that it was one of the most beautiful packs both in its geography and architecture. I glanced around at all the humans, finding it amusing that they were so oblivious to the supernatural creatures among them.

We had only sat there for a few moments before a strange looking man approached us. I was too lost in my thoughts to notice him at first, and I was only aware of his presence after he spoke.

"Is this seat taken?"

I gasped and jumped in my chair, not expecting the sudden sound.

"Oh, I'm sorry to startle you miss." He said.