Chapter 7: Surrounded by Danger

~Aeryn P.O.V~

Sebastian and Selene were shocked to hear that vampires had attempted to kill me. Although we never spoke it out loud, we all knew that this would not be the last attack and they would only keep coming.

The war we had always known would come was upon us now, much to our dismay. The packs were fragmented without a leader and I had no doubt that my companions and I would be in constant danger. We had to unite if we wanted to stand a chance against the vampire king and his army.

We were silent as we boarded the plane and throughout the entire flight, all contemplating what the future held for us. My thoughts drifted to my parents and my sister. I would not let the vampires harm them and I vowed to do everything in my power to save them, my pack, and all werewolves.

After all the excitement earlier, I found myself exhausted and I slowly dozed off to sleep.

~

~

~

I was in my wolf form running through an unknown forest. I couldn't hear any sounds of life around me, the only noise came from my paws crunching the leaves and sticks that littered the ground. I enjoyed the crispness of the air, especially as it blew through my fur.

Unfortunately, my bliss didn't last long as I heard another wolf approaching me from behind. I quickened my pace, trying to distance myself from the stranger behind me. My efforts were in vain as he quickly caught up and ran alongside me, matching my strides. I glanced to the side to see it was the exact same wolf I had seen in all my other dreams.

I growled at him, hoping somehow that he would leave me alone, but he just stared at me. Unlike the other dreams, I heard even more footsteps approaching from all directions. My wolf started panicking as we were suddenly surrounded by at least twenty gigantic wolves, all of whom copied the first. It was unnerving to know that all of them were staring me down.

I stopped instantly, hoping that they would continue without me, but they did the same and surrounded me. I crouched on the ground and buried my face in the dirt, not able to withstand their stares. I could feel their hot breath on my fur and knew they were mere inches from my body.

~

~

~

I jolted awake, relieved to know that the nightmare was over and that I was still on the plane. I relaxed in my seat and tried my best to control my breathing. I brought my hand up to my face as I tried to forget the haunting images in my mind.

"Are you alright?" asked Zira.

She was giving me a concerned look and I nodded.

"Yeah. It was just another one of those dreams."

"Have all of them scared you like that?" she questioned as she furrowed her brow in confusion.

"No. It's just that this time, there were even more wolves and they surrounded me. I could not escape them no matter how hard I tried. They just stared at me."

She gave me a light smile and put a hand on my shoulder.

"You don't need to be afraid of them. They are not there to harm you."

"They? You know who they are?"

"You will too, eventually. They will tell you when the time is right. However, it would be best not to discuss it with anyone. It's only meant for you and others might not receive the information well."

I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about, but I didn't think I would get any more information out of her.

"How did my father know?"