Chapter 29

On Friday night, India was riding with Robin and Brittney heading to the frat party. They were all dressed to impress as they cruised down the street listening to the radio. India sat in the front seat looking out of the window. She really wanted Trevor to come, but he made it clear that that wasn’t going to happen.

            Robin turned the music up in the car and bounced her shoulders up and down to the beat. She glanced at India and grinned. “Girl wake up!” she exclaimed, lightly shoving her friend in the arm. “We bout to get live!”

            India gave a faded smile, watching the road as they past by house after house. “I guess,” she sighed.

            “India, don’t tell me you still mad bout Trev not comin’,” Robin said. She turned to her friend and saw that was indeed the problem. “Ugh, look, when we get there, imma get you a drink. And we gon have fun. You got me?” India shrugged, showing no real interest.

            “You can have a drink now if you want,” Britney added, passing India her cup of Vodka.

            “I’ll pass,” India replied, shaking her hand at the offer.

            “Com’ on, just one sip,” Brittney urged. “You can’t go in there sober-dober.”

            “Ya’ll lucky I’m going here at all,” India said.

            “Don’t worry Brit, she’ll loosen up eventually,” Robin smiled. She slowed the down the car and turned on college street. “Matter fact, we here right now.”

            India started out of the window and saw a two-story house surrounded by young adults. There were cars lined all the way down the street, and people were hanging outside socializing and playing around. Just seeing how crowded the house party was made India a little more interested. She’s been to parties before, but never one this big.

            Robin parked her car a block from the frat house and hopped out. She fixed her bright red shirt and straightened her hair. Brittney glared at the reflection of herself from the car window, making sure everything was in order. India was the only one who didn’t care to primp before going inside.

            India followed Robin and Brittney to front yard of the frat house where a tall dark skin guy approached them. “Aye ya’ll ladies enjoy in the night,” he said, guarding the door. After they entered the house, two males tried to go inside, but were stopped by the same guy. “Aye hol’ up pimp,” He said, blocking the door. “Ladies free, fella’s three.” He extended his hand to him, waiting to receive entrée fee.

            A crowd of young adults swallowed Robin, India, and Brittney the moment they entered the building. The living and dinning room of the house appeared to be the dance floor, while everywhere else people were just chilling. Robin nudged India in the arm.

            “Told you it was going to be live,” Robin exclaimed, having to raise her voice so India could hear her through the music. “Com’ on,” she grabbed India by the hand and led her to the kitchen, where they were three coolers filled with mixed liquor.

            Robin took a clean plastic cup from a bag, and dipped it in the cooler, filling it up. Brittney did the same, gulping down her drink the same time as Robin. India on the other hand stared at them like they were crazy.

            “Get you a sip girl!” Robin said, getting her friend a cup out of the bag.

            “Ew, germs…” India cringed, clearly not interested.

            “India. This alcohol…” Robin informed. India raised an eyebrow like she was confused. “It kills germs, duh. Quit being so prissy and get you a drink. One cup is not going to kill you.” India sighed and snatched the cup from her friend’s hand. Robin and Brittney cheered as they watched her dip the cup in the cooler and take a swig. “See, was it really that bad?”

            “This is my one and ‘only’ cup…” India stated.

            “Hey, my job here is done,” Robin chuckled. “At least I got you to get ‘one’ drink.”

            India rolled her eyes. “What ever.”

            While India and her friends were in the kitchen talking, Jaden and Regina were posted on the wall in the dining room watching them. Both of their eyes beamed with hate as they gazed at India. Jaden sucked her teeth and then took a sip from her red cup.

            “What are they doing here?” she hissed, keeping an eye on them.

            “Ugh, I don’t know,” Regina shrugged, sounding disgusting.

            “Look at her… she think she so cute,” Jaden snarled, referring to India. She lifted her cup to take another sip when an idea popped into mind. “hmm, Gina.”

            “Yea?” Regina asked.

            “You said your brother’s going to be here right?” Jaden wondered; Regina nodded her head. “Perfect. I have the best plan ever.” She smiled evilly, her eyes flashing with malice. “Were going to help India have the time of her life…”