Chapter 31

That same Friday night, Trevor, Thoro, and Baby-D where chilling in the car smoking. Trevor was leaning all the way back in the front seat with his eyes closed. Baby-D sat behind the steering wheel holding the blunt while Thoro lie stretched out in the back. Having finally installed the new radio, Baby-D had been looking forward to smoking and listening to music in her car.

            “Why you aint hit the club with ole’ girl?” Baby-D asked.

            “Man, it wasn’t no club. It was a house party or somethin’,” Trevor corrected. “And you know that aint me. I’m doin’ what I wanna do right now. Smokin’ and gettin’ high.”

            “So you aint worried bout ‘Indy’ hookin’ up somebody?” Baby-D put extra emphasis on the nick name Trevor bestowed India, taking a shot at him.

            Trevor shook his head. “Naw. India aint that type of girl. Plus I trust her.”

            “Aww, trust and communication,” Thoro mocked. “How sweet,” Baby-D laughed at his comment, but started to cough from the smoke coming up the wrong windpipe.

            “What eva’,” Trevor shrugged. He stole the blunt from his cousin who was still coughing. Right when he put it to his lips, his phone rang. It was India. “Aye this Indy right here,” Trevor pressed the talk button and lifted the phone to his ear. “What up?”

            “Trevor!” Robin exclaimed. Trevor scrunched his face in confusion, not recognizing the voice.

            “Aye who this?”

            “This Robin, remember, India’s BFF,” she reminded.

            He halfway shrugged his shoulders. “Aight… what you callin’ me for? India straight?”

            “No, she’s not. Someone spiked her drink, and now she’s outta control!” Trevor shot straight up hearing what Robin told him. “She won’t listen to us. We need your help.”

            “Where ya’ll at?” Trevor asked, causing Baby-D and Thoro to get curious.

            “This frat house Near Lake University…”

            “Aye just give me yo address, we’ll find it.” Trevor responded.

            “Okay…” Robin went in her pocketbook to find the sheet of paper that gave her directions here; the address was on it. “241 College Street.”

            Without asking, Trevor typed the address in his cousin’s car radio. “Ight I got you. Imma be there in a sec. Keep an eye on her.”

            “Right,” Robin said hanging up.

            “What the hell you so worked up about?” Thoro asked, still stretched out in the back seat.

            “We gotta go dog. Somethin’ aint right with India,” Trevor said, urging Baby-D to start her car. “Com’ on D, we gotta roll.”

            “Aight, Aight, calm down,” she remarked. “Just tell me where we goin’?”

            “Aye follow the GPS,” Trevor implied. “We gotta go.”

            Meanwhile Robin and Brittney were still in the party fighting to keep India straight. It seemed as if she had gotten worst. They were able to pull her away from guys, but couldn’t pull the guys away from her. So Robin stood next to her best friend making sure nobody tried anything stupid.