Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Sam's POV

"We should talk."

"Oh," Freddie said as we walked over to the couch. I turned on the TV just as Toilet Wars was starting. I may have said I wanted to talk, but now that I initiated it, I don't want to talk, I want him to leave. This feels uncomfortable.

We sat down on the couch together, when we heard Cat banging on the door.

"Sam! Sam? Helloooo? What do you want me to get from the store?" She yelled.

"Flying monkeys!" I shouted sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at her. She can really be oblivious sometimes.

"Okay!" She replied. I sighed. Does she really believe that I want her to get flying monkeys?

Well, she is Cat...

"Is she..." Freddie trailed off. I knew what he was trying to say. Is she always like this?

"Yes. Every second of every day. But, you get used to it. Kind of."

He nods his head in understanding, and wraps his arm around me, resting his elbow on the couch cushion behind us. I stared at it. Do I really still like Freddie? I honestly don't know.

Wow, I can't believe I'm letting him do this. After all we've been through. But, I guess I kind of missed him.

Instinctively, I rest my head on his shoulder as we lean back against the couch. I'm kind of glad that he came looking for me. But, he just suddenly showed up out of no where, and I'm letting him try and.. Seduce me or whatever.

But of course, I would never say that out loud.

It's been about half an hour already, and I'm getting a little bit worried about Cat. What if she befriended a hobo?!? She should know better than to do that, considering what happened last time. I involuntarily shiver. You don't want to know what happened last time.

I'm starting to feel a bit sleepy. I think my eyes are starting to droop. Freddie notices this.

"Sam, are you getting tired?" He asks.

"What? No," I lie. He rolls his eyes and stands up.

"C'mon. Time for bed," He says, grabbing my hand. I groan.

"What are you? My mother?" I ask him. He ignores the comment and leads me to my room.

"Which bed is yours?" He asks. Are you serious? Are you serious? Would I, Sam Puckett, sleep in a pink bed with stuffed animals all over it? Really, Benson? I give him the 'are you serious' glare, and he nods.

Freddie leads me over to my bed, and I lay down on it. After all, it's almost midnight.

He goes over to the door and turns out the lights. Just as he's about to walk out, I say,

"Could you stay here please?" He looks startled that I actually asked him that, but he walks over to my bed, and lies down with me.

Freddie wraps his arms arond my waist, and I get comfortable.

"Goodnight, Sam." Is the last thing I hear nefore I fall into a deep sleep.

Cat's POV

I'm walking around Wal-Mart, looking for flying monkeys just like Sam asked. I mean, they shouldn't be that hard to find; the people in that movie The Wizard of Oz found some.

I'm looking in the toy department. I've already checked the food department, and the home and goods department.

Suddenly, a really nice looking lady comes up to me and asks, "Do you need help in finding anything?"

I nod my head. "Yes, my friend Sam Puckett' asked me to find some flying monkeys. Do you know in which department I can find some?" I ask her. She stares at me strangely.

"Are you serious?" She asks me. I nod my head enthusiastically.

Suddenly, the nice lady bursts out laughing, and walks away.

"Tough crowd." I mumble. Well, she wasn't any help.