Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Sam's POV

I just stood there, watching my roommate and my boyfriend swallow each other's throats, and, I'm mortified. Never, in one billion, trillion years, did I expect Freddie Benson, the techno nerd, to cheat on someone. I wanted to cry, but I put on a straight face, and quietly walked back into my room. I opened the window by my bed, climbed out of it, and ran somewhere I never thought I'd go for comfort.

Nona's retirement home.

Freddie's POV

I pulled away from Cat, furious. She had kissed me, KNOWING that Sam was my girlfriend! I mean, sure I kissed back, but that's only because I wasn't thinking, acknowledging, REALIZING what I was doing! I feel guilty, dirty, and furious.

"Cat! Why'd you do that?!" I yelled.

"I don't know, truthfully. Sometimes, I just do things 'cause I want to know what it's like.." She replies innocently. I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Whatever. I'm going to go get Sam. She's been getting dressed for a while." I say, walking back to Sam and Cat's room.

"Sam? Sam! Sam, are you in here?" I shout. I look around, but I don't see her. But, I do see that her phone is gone. And the window is open.

Crap! She must've seen me and Cat kissing! She's going to hate me! Attack me, murder me, then kill me to death! I know that doesn't make sense, but she'll find a way to do it!

I run back into the living room to see Cat sitting on the couch, twirling her hair.

"Cat! Sam's gone! I can't find her anywhere!" I yell frantically.

"Well, go find her then! But, before you do, get her some bacon. She'll like that." Cat replies. Wow, that was a smart answer for her.

"But, where do I look?" I ask.

"Have you checked our room? The toilet seat, the pantry? The refrigerator?" And, she's back.

"Yes! I've checked the whole apartment! Where else do I look?"

"Hmm...She could be at my Nona's retirement home. Here's the address." Cat told me, showing an address to me on her phone.

"Okay, got it! Thanks, Cat!" I tell her. Then, I ran out the door.

"Don't forget the bacon!"

Sam's POV

"And, I walked back into the room, and Cat and Freddie were kissing!" I cry to Nona. I can't believe I'm doing this; crying in front of someone. Getting your heart broken really hurts.

Nona rubs my back comfortingly. "I'm sure you'll find other boys, Sam! And, you know my granddaughter. She never knows what she's doing."

"Yeah, but Freddie was kissing back! And, I don't want to find another boy. I-I..I love him!" I protest, sobbing my heart out. Then, I hear footsteps coming towards me. But, I don't care. I don't care anymore!

"Sam! There you are!" I hear that all too familiar voice call out. Great. He's here.

"You sure have a lot of nerve, showing your face after what you did!" Nona says warningly. I wipe my eyes and look at him aggressively. If looks could kill, he'd be dead a thousand times over.

"What do you want, Benson?" I ask him, venom dripping from my voice.

"Sam, I'm sorry! I didn't realize what I was doing! And Cat, you know how she is!" Freddie tries to win me back. Not going to happen that easy, nub.

"Can we talk alone for a minute? Out in the parking lot?" I ask him, grabbing his arm.

"Oh, no. Maybe I should call the paramedics ahead of time.." Nona says. I roll my eyes, and Freddie nods his head, following me to the parking lot.

Once we get there, I follow my gut instincts, and punch Freddie in the gut.

"Ow! Sam, you know I'm sorry!" He pleads.

"Sorry isn't good enough! You blew it, Freddie!" I want to hit him more, but I decide against it. He's still doubled over from my first punch.

"Sam, please. Let me explain myself!"

"Fine. Whatever. You have thirty seconds." I roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. This better be good.