Chapter Thirteen

Sorry for the long wait this is an extra long chapter so have a good time reading! More updates soon hopefully, y'all are wonderful people

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere on an Island in the Pacific Ocean May 22nd 2032

7:30 AM

I stood in shock. Rayanne's face was a blank mask, maybe because of how scared she was.

"Don't come any closer!" Joe screamed. His voice was hoarse as if he'd been yelling for hours. He was a dishevelled mess, his hair wild, eyes red and wide, the shirt he wore torn almost into two pieces.

"What are you doing?" I called out to him. It seemed as soon as Natera had seen him she had only woken me. No one else stirred in the early morning, as I had to assume it was. The sun was rising behind Joe, casting a shadow on his face.

"I need food and supplies, and I am not leaving without them!" He shouted. The way he was carrying on, it wouldn't be long before he woke everyone else in camp.

"Maybe we can make an agreement." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"No! No agreement! No deals! Food, supplies now! Or I will shoot her!" Joe screamed the last bit, pushing the barrel against Rayanne's temple harder making her wince.

"Ok! Just give me a minute!" I started running towards my tent when I heard the shot. I hit the ground thinking he had fired at us, or worse, had killed Rayanne. I stood slowly and turned to see him holding his hand, which was gushing blood. The gun was nowhere to be seen, he had probably dropped it into the grass.

"NOBODY MOVE!" Joe screamed, wrapping his bloody hand around Rayanne's mouth. He pulled her backwards into the bushes, without another word.

"What's going on?" Suddenly Arzon was beside me. I jumped slightly, but regained my composure quickly.

"Follow me, we don't have a lot of time." I ran without another thought or word into the bush Joe had just disappeared into.

I could hear the scuffling of the grass and leaves ahead, giving me an idea of where they were. "Rayanne?" I called out trying to hear her voice.

"Fool. Don't let him know were following him." Arzon had slid up to my side once again. He whispered the harsh words and walked silently forward. I crept behind him trying to make my feet fall as lightly as possible, but I still managed to make a ton of noise.

Then as I began to think they had gotten away, there stood Joe, holding Rayanne's head close to his chest, the blood from the wound on his hand smearing on her cheek.

He reached down to his leg with his free hand unsheathing a small knife. Pressing it to the girl's throat he shouted hoarsely, "I will kill her right here, and right now if you two don't stop following me!"

"Woah easy there fella." Arzon put his hands up in surrender. He didn't stop moving towards him though. Even with his hands up in the air he was still walking forward.

"I said stop!" Just as he shouted these words Rayanne slammed her elbow into his gut making the man gasp for air, dropping his knife into the tall grass.

Rayanne not pausing for a moment brought her fingers to her lips and let out a shrill whistle. Arzon stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me, a questioning gaze in his eyes.

"How dare you, you brat!" Joe reached forward to grab Rayanne as he had finally got his breath back. However he didn't even touch her as one of the largest creatures I have ever seen emerged from the trees. He stood in shock of its greatness.