Chapter Fourteen

Somewhere on an Island in the Pacific Ocean May 22nd 2032

5:30 PM

As his words rang out, the silence became deafening. Had he really just threatened to kill everyone in the entire premises? Was this a dream? Suddenly with enthusiasm dripping from her tone Carly spoke up.

"Aw, honey you finally stopped with the Ms thing. I thought you would never start calling me by my first name." She said staring at the robot with a look of adoration.

"Oh, my apologies I didn't mean to be rude it just kind of slipped out. You don't mind then?" the tin man seemed nervous and unsure of itself.

"Of course, its ok babe, you don't have to worry about that." She smiled and even from where I stood I could see the false happiness glaring through.

"Now then tell them what we have discussed." The robot was back to business its tone lowered.

"Oh right." She winked at it then spoke to us as a group. "If you wish to continue living your happy little lives, you must give all obeyence to me, I mean us." She began but before she could continue Arzon yelled angrily.

"Obeyence isn't a word you twit!"

"Twit? How rude! Darling blast that disgusting boy apart." Carly said in a whine.

"Why? He just spoke truth; can you not handle it?" The robot turned to look at her the question hanging in the air.

"I uh..." As she stumbled for an answer I finally realized a little bit of what was going on between the two. Maybe I could help.

"Mr. Robot why are you doing this for her? Did she promise you something? Does she mean something to you?" I called out nervously hoping my theory was correct.

"Of course, I mean something to him you jerk, I'm his girlfriend obviously!" Carly shouted at me her pent-up anger at being called a twit coming out.

I was about to speak when he lifted a metal arm quieting Carly. "You are a wise man. I need to discuss something with you. Is there anywhere we may go to speak privately?" He spoke directly at me his blank black visor penetrating my gaze.

"Uh sure my tent would work I think." I pointed to it and he began to walk towards me.

"Baby I'm coming too!" Carly called trying to race up to the boy machine.

"No Carly I am having a one on one discussion." His tone ended any argument she had for then she walked back and crossed her arms in a huff.

I led him to the tent with everyone watching and he sat down inside with a clank of metal, cross-legged. I nervously closed the flap sitting across from the blank faced visor.

"Tell your friends to quit listening in." He whispered and I frowned. Getting up I took a look outside and sure enough Arzon and Natera had their ears pressed against the canvas.

"Guys scram, he won't talk if your going to stand there." I said making a shooing motion with my hands. They jumped as I spoke and Arzon turned a glare already in his eyes and I imagined a scowl under the mask.

"Fine, oh wise worm." Arzon mocked bowed and said to my neighbour. "C'mon Natera the wise worm and tin boy are having a grownup discussion." He stalked off with Natera at his heels.

I went back in resuming my position and he sighed audibly as if it were a weight off his shoulders to just be alone. I heard a click and his head piece began to shift and soon it slid apart folding into the shoulder pieces. It revealed a young face, one that looked my age. Brown hair was cut into a sort of crew cut and his eyes were a stormy grey and they stared at me, and looking at him just for a moment he seemed to be at least twenty years older than me but then it was gone.