Chapter 8

Adrianna's POV

"So I way thinking a yellow dress would look AMAZING on you and I know Zayn will love it!" Blair practically shouts at me as we pull into the mall parking lot.

"What would you say if I didn't go to prom with Zayn?" I ask her cautiously.

She laughs, "You mean if you didn't go with your boyfriend?" Her statement makes me flinch.

"What if he wasn't my boyfriend?" I ask.

"I would be so flipping angry but you could still go as friends."

"What if he cheated on me? And we weren't exactly friends anymore." Blair's jaw drops.

"He cheated on you?" She says. I nod slightly. "I need the full story." So I told her every detail from the romantic night we were having to having to nurse harry back to health.

"Oh my god, Harry was so rude before and now he's so nice!" Is all she says when I finish. She opens up her car door and I do the same, we walk up to the mall without a word. Blair pulls out her phone whie she walks and before too long I hear her gasp.

"What?" I ask her.

"He's back." She says and I instantly know who she's talking about. Cory. After the 'scandal' he moved away. too many rumors I guess. And now he's back at school.

"How do you know?" I asked her.

"It's on the school website." She said to me her face completely pale.

"What? Why would they put that on their website?" I ask, knowing the answer cannot be good.

"He was nominated for Prom king." She says.

"Well good for him, maybe that will help him to trick another girl into falling for him." I say laughing.

"Um, Aid, you were also nominated." As the words leave her mouth, my head whips up. I open my mouth to say something but I can't. "It gets worse" she says.

"How could it possibly get worse." I question.

"You are both 4th nomination." She says. No! That means he will be my escort for coronation. And we have to share a dance at the dance.

“No.” I croak out. “Take me back.”

“What?” she says looking surprised.

“Take me back, you already have your dress and I won’t beneeding one.” I say.

“But Aid.” She begins before I cut her off.

“Take me home!” I shout at her and heads start turning in one direction, (Lol see what I did there) Our direction.

“Ok” She says and I feel bad, but I really don’t feel good anymore.

She takes me to my house where I grab an extra pair of keys before taking me to pick up my car.

Harry’s POV

As I sit on the couch watching the Green Bay Packers play American football against the Vikings I hear the door creek open. Adrianna comes through surprising me because she hasn’t even been gone for an hour.

“Did you get a dress?” I ask her.

“I decided not to go.” She says without looking up.

“Why?” I ask. Pain clear in my voice.

“Cory, the guy from my dream is back and since we were both nominated, he’s my escort.” I see the worry flash through her eyes.

“You have to go then, to show him that he didn’t hurt you that badly and that you’re still standing.” I say standing up and cupping her face. She lifts it and I see tears brimming her eyes. Just that one look tears my heart apart. This Cory kid is about to get it.

“But it does hurt Harry.” She says in a small voice. I pull her head into my chest and give her a long hug. Mostly so I don’t have to see her cry but also so she feels better.

“I know Adrianna, but he can’t know that. You need to show him that he isn’t controlling you.” I say and she looks up into my eyes.

“What if he hurts me?” She says.

“Aid,” I say in a very serious tone. “As long as I am with you nobody, and I mean nobody will lay a finger on you. That is a promise I will keep forever. If you want I will go to your coronation, disguised of course, to make sure he doesn’t try anything.”

“Thank you Harry.” She says with a small smile.

“So is that a yes?” I ask, desperation laced in my voice.

“That’s a maybe.” She says, “I should get going, I just came to grab my car.” She turns to leave but I grab her hand.

“Stay with me?” I ask before I process what just came out of my mouth. Her jaw drops slightly and her eyebrows rise.

“So you don’t have a nightmare.” I quickly add. She pulls her bottom lip in between her teeth and nods her head following me down the hall to my room.

When we enter my room I do the same thing as the night before. Change into a new t-shirt and some boxers throwing a fresh pair to her and she quickly changes in the bathroom. When she steps out I can feel my eyes traveling up and down her body. I see her cheeks turn pink signaling she saw me look. What can I say? That girl looks sexy as fuck in my clothes. We both lay down on my bed and I pull her into me breathing in the scent of her hair.

“Can I take you shopping tomorrow?” I ask her.

“I would love that.” She says. Suddenly she shoots up, “Where’s Zayn?” She asks.

“He left soon after you did. He didn’t even tell  me Happy Birthday.” I laugh. Her eyebrows rise again.

“Its your birthday?” She yells and I nod. “I didn’t even know that! Wow I’m two years younger than you! What do you want?” She asks.

“Nothing.” I say pulling her down so she’s cuddled up against me again.

“You can’t just want nothing.” She says. The smoothness of her voice is so perfect. I can feel myself start to fall asleep as she speaks.

“All I could ever wish for is right here.” I say quietly before falling asleep.

Adrianna’s POV

All I could ever wish for is right here.

The words keep swimming through my head. Harry said this to me. Harry. I can’t seem to make my mind think of anything else. He has been so perfect these last few days. I literally mean perfect in every way. He is so attractive and so sweet. But of course at the concert not even three months ago I could have called him so many cruel words.

All I could ever wish for is right here.

Maybe he didn’t mean it like I thought he did. We could just be friends. Or maybe he wasn’t talking about me. It could be anything. He has an amazing life, I am probably the worst part.

All I could ever wish for is right here.

I feel myself falling asleep and the final thought to cross my mind is that even if he isn’t talking about me, he is all I could ever wish for.

_