Chapter 13

We’ve been watching Jason sleep almost all day. Not a word has been said between Harry and I and we have barely moved an inch. I sit on Jason’s bed holding his hand and Harry sits on a chair next to me holding my other one.

Suddenly I see Jason flinch. “Jason?” I croak out.

“Hey Aid.” He says slowly while opening his eyes. He quickly notices Harry sitting by me, “and who is this?” He asks eyebrows raised.

“This is Harry, my um…” I say looking over at Harry with a confused look on my face.

“Well I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend after prom.” He says confidently. A smile spreads across my face.

“He’s my boyfriend.” I say without breaking eye contact with Harry. A wide smile covers his face too. For a little while we just stand there smiling at each other.

“Well, glad that’s all figured out.” Jason says awkwardly. My cheeks flush when I realize we just shared that moment with my older brother.

“I’m going to go get some coffee.” I say standing up.

“Ok I have to talk to your boyfriend.” He says and I roll my eyes walking out of the room.

Harry’s POV

“So, what are your intentions with my sister?” He asks me, eyeing me up and down.

“Only the best, I really like her and only want to see her happy.” I assure him.

“Good because I would have to hurt any guy that messes with my sisters heart.” He says.

“How many guys have done that?” I ask to see if he knows.

“None yet,” He smirks, “I guess I am doing a pretty good job at scaring them off.” He says.

“You aren’t that good.” I say unintentially raising my voice.

“Excuse me?” He asks.

“In the past year your sister has been cheated on twice, the first one physically abused her for months and sexually abused her just last week.” I say almost yelling at him. To think that he didn’t even notice her beautiful skin being bruised breaks me apart. His jaw falls open and his eyes are rimmed with tears.

“I-I-I- I didn’t know.” He stammers.

“Yeah I got that. “ I say. By now he is full out balling and I can hear Adrianna’s small feet making there way to our room. This will not end well.

“Jason, what’s wrong?” She says rushing to his side.

“I am so so so sorry Aid, I didn’t know everything that you had gone through and I should have been there for you.” He cries out. She shoots me a quick glare and I try not to let it faze me.

“Jason, the past is the past, It only made me a better person.” He says in a smooth voice.

“I know but I still should have been there for you.” He says calming down a little bit.

“You are here now.” She says stroking is hair.

Actually we are here for you. I think to myself.

“Harry can I talk to you out in the hall.” He says with no expression at all. I can feel a lump growing in my stomach. What is she breaks up with me? We literally started dating 15 minutes ago. I follow her out into the hallway and she shuts the door behind me.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” She snaps at me.

“Nothing is wrong with me, he had a right to know.” I say back, trying to control my anger.

“From me, he has the right to know from me.” She says now a little bit calmer. She is standing across from me with her arms folded across her chest and a scowl on her face. All I want is for that scowl to go away.

“But he was just laying there bragging about how great of a brother he is that nobody has ever hurt you. And I couldn’t take it Aid! I just couldn’t hold it back, he needed to know everything that he did wrong.” I say to her my voice slightly raising.

“Harry, he’s in the process of finding that out now, he hasn’t been this sober for months. He’s going through a lot by himself and I don’t want to add to it.” She says now getting angrier.

“It’s not all about him Aid!! He hurt your life too!” I shout at her much louder than I intended. Some nurses are beginning to tell us to keep the noise down.

“You know what Harry; I need him in my life again. If that means I have to focus on him for a little bit to get him on his feet then I will. I don’t need him to worry about me, who knows how he will deal with it. It’s a process; he’s in the middle of it. Just let me handle this.” She says with an emotionless look on her face. She then walks right past me and into her brothers room. I am such an idiot, I always let my anger get in the way of things and I might have just lst the best thing that’s happened to me in a long time.

---

“Well we should get going.” Aid says, not to me though, she isn’t talking to me. I silently throw away all of our garbage and wait for her to say goodbye to her brother outside the door

Right after I called a cab to take us to a hotel Aid steps out of the room shutting the door behind her.

“Cab is on its way.” I say and she nods walking past me. Silently we walk through the hospital and out the main exit to find a waiting cab.

“Manchester Hotel.” I say to the man as we climb into the back of the cab.

“You could just walk.” The old man says to me. I look over at Aid who is still in her Prom dress with only her heels.

“This will be better.” I say to him and he gives me a nod.

When we get to the Hotel our doors are opened by some men who then lead us to the main desk.

“Hello Harry, nice to see you again.” The lady behind the desk says in a flirtatious tone. I can feel Aid looking at me but decide to ignore it.

“I know its last minute but could we get a room?” I ask her. This is a really nice hotel but its small, not very many rooms.

“Of course, anything for you.” She says before typing on the computer in front of her, “How many beds?” She asks.

“Two.” Aid says, the only thing I have heard her say since we left the hospital, the one word that breaks my heart. The lady behind the desk simply nods and types some more. Before handing us our keys.

When we reach Adrianna runs to the bathroom quickly, she bought a few things at a store right by the hospital in the middle of the day and I think she’s just brushing her teeth. When she doesn’t come out nearly an hour later I decide to just go to sleep. I am out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

---

I am woken up by screams coming from the bed next to mine. The beautiful girl on the bed is screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs. I rush over to her bed and begin shaking her shoulders.

“Aid, please wake up.” I beg the beauty.

“Harry.” She gasps before falling into my arms crying. Her whole body is shaking as she speaks, “I am so sorry for overreacting.” She says to me.

“No Aid, it wasn’t my position to tell your brother, you had every right to be mad at me.” She pulls away and gives me a small smile before I climb into the bed with her. I wrap my arms around her small body and my face is only inches from hers. I swiftly lean in ad attach our lips. I literally feel fireworks erupt in my stomach as my lips begin to move against hers.  She does the same and all I feel is passion. I pull away before it gets to steamy and she turns her body around so we are spooning. I kiss the back of her head before closing my eyes and laying my head down with a smile on my face.

I just kissed Adrianna Dolly.