Chapter 16

Harry’s POV

“Tell us about your family.” My sister says innocently. I stiffen up at her words and the only noise in the house is Adrianna’s fork falling onto her plate. I look over to see the look on her face, she actually looks relatively calm. She picks up her napkin and pats it on her mouth, when she puts her hand back down on the table I place mine on top and give it a light squeeze.

“You don’t have to Aid.” I let her know, hoping to make her more comfortable.

“No Harry, it’s all right they have the right to know, besides, they will find out eventually.” She says and I give her a small nod.

                “Well, I have a brother, his name is Jason, and he’s 2 years older than me. So he just turned 21.” She begins to inform my family. I give her hand another squeeze attempting to give her the courage to continue. “And I guess I’ll talk about my parents now.” She says and I can hear her voice starting to shake.  My mom and sister don’t seem to notice and politely listen while eating their lasagna. “Well about a year and a half ago my brother was driving them home from dinner. I was at a friend’s. They ended up crashing and both my parents died almost right away.” She says. I’m glad she didn’t, I could tell that the story was a hard one to tell for her.

“Oh honey I am so sorry.” My mom says reaching across the table to grab Adrianna’s hand.

“Aid,” Gemma says, “I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to bring it up.”

“Its fine, I would have to tell you eventually.” Aid says, I am still baffled about how strong this girl truly is.

“Are you and your brother close?” my mom asks. I know she is only trying to make the conversation happier but she isn’t doing a very good job.

“Actually, after the crash he was in the hospital for a while. He was on a lot of pain medication that he got addicted to. He was buying it off of dealers for a while after he was released and then he switched to other types of drugs. He began drinking heavily and partying a lot. So I didn’t see him very often. About a month ago he just left. I got a call saying he was here in the hospital from an overdose. That’s why we came. But he left so now we don’t know where he is.” She says, now there is a tear slipping down her cheek. My heart literally shatters when I see her cry. She is the most beautiful girl and I only want to see her happy.

Both my mom and my sister just sit there staring at the crying girl, obviously shocked.

“I’m sorry, I’ll be right back.” Aid says sliding her chair back and standing up. I watch her walk out of the kitchen before sliding my chair back as well. I silently follow the quiet sobs until I reach my room. I see my Adrianna sitting on my bed with a picture of my sister and me from years ago. I realize it is the one that she was looking at that I keep on my dresser.

“Aid?” I say opening the door.

“Sorry for just leaving Harry, I didn’t want them to see me cry.” She tries to defend herself.

“Don’t apologies.” I say sitting next to her rubbing small circles on her back. “Penny for your thoughts.”

She sniffles, “I just wish my brother and I had a relationship like you and your sister.” She says, I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her into my chest. She willingly rests her head against me and I continue to rub circles on her small back.

“Don’t worry Aid, we will find him and you will get that relationship.” I say. Adrianna removes herself from me and stands up.

“I think I’m just going to shower and go to bed.” She says yawning