trieze - euphoria

"Valerie, open this door now! Open up!"
My dad's voice awoke me. Groggily, I began to get up to open the door when I realized Billie was still here.
"Shit!" I whisper yelled, shaking the sleep out of him violently. "Billie, Billie get the hell up!"
His eyes fluttered open in confusion. "Wh-"
"Closet!"
I was tugging on his arm to get him the farthest back in my closet as I could. My dad only pounded on the door harder.
"Jesus fuck, I'm coming! Just shut the hell up!"
As soon as my hand touched the brass lock on the door, I immediately had the urge to kick my fathers head in.
Knowing he was leaning on the door, I swung it open and he fell straight on his ass. I couldn't help but stifle a laugh at the poor man.
"Very funny," he said, brushing himself off as he was back on his feet.
"What? I only opened the door."
My dad wasn't at all amused.
"We're gonna go to church this morning," he said, still stoney faced. "You're coming with us."
I almost snorted. "Like hell I am! Dad, I don't even believe in god.. who do you think I am?"
"Valerie," he warned. "You're coming to church."
Before I had the opportunity to use my sarcastic persuasion on him, the closet made a noise. I think Billie hit his head on the wall.
"What was that?" My dad asked.
I shrugged it off. "Just mom's jewelry box. It happens all the time."
I was especially good at lying to my dad.
"Well, start getting ready," he said. "And don't dress like a whore."
"Why not? I should be able to wear whatever the hell I want. Church is where they forgive people, am I wrong?"
"Valer-"
"Am I?"
He glared. "You're not getting out of this."
"Oh yes I am," I smirked. "I will if it fucking kills me."
He exhaled and gave up, walking out the door. I could pester my father into or out of anything. Truth be told, there was a manipulative side to me.
Carefully, I locked the door. "Billie, get out."
He stepped out of the closet, giggling. "He wanted you to go to church when there's a boy that she snuck in the house and made out with in her room. Funny."
I smiled. He wasn't wrong.
After we'd both stopped laughing, Billie was still smiling. It was a strange smile though, one I couldn't even begin to describe. It was somewhere inbetween euphoric and wistful.
"What?" I asked.
He shook his head. "Nothing. Nothing, it's nothing."
I scrunched my face up. "No it's not. What's that smile for?"
"You," he answered, gazing upward. "I don't know, just you."
I scrunched my face up and the two of us laughed in unison. "Did you hit your head on the wall or something?"
He scratched the back of his head. "Yeah. How can you lie to your dad like that? I could never lie to my mom, she knows everything."
I shrugged. "He's the only person I can lie to besides my teachers. He's easy. Adults really aren't as smart as they make themselves out to be. I really hope they don't actually think they're that smart, if they do they're just lying to themselves.. but wherever. I couldn't give a damn. As long as I get away with my shit then it doesn't matter to me!"
Billie smirked. "Sly as a goddamn fox."
I bit my lip. The two of us just stood there with our arms crossed, gazes fixed on the space inbetween us. Just the thought made me want to get closer to him until I suffocated.
"We could go to Gilman later, if you want," he broke me out of thought. "Just to get out, y'know."
Immediately, a smile was tugging at the corners of my mouth. "I like Gilman. Let's do it."
His eyes glimmered. "You wanna go now?"
All I could do was nod before we both slid out of the window, giggles filling the newly warm air. It wasn't even Valentine's Day yet, but I was thankful for the spring beginning to dawn on us early. Sometimes I'm grateful I live in California.

It'd already been hours since our arrival at Gilman, and I was finding myself lost in the music while Billie got stuck inbetween bobbing his head along to whatever band was onstage and talking to his friends. I heard the occasional 'is that your chick?' but nothing more than that. I found myself wishing I was his chick, although in my mind, I was unofficially his. It's not like there was anyone else.
After a while, I caught myself getting light headed and pushing past the crowd to get to Billie. As soon as I saw him, I dragged him outside, leaving him to expel a string of concerned questions.
"What's wrong? Are you okay? Did someone-"
I laughed. "No, I just needed some air really badly. I've been in there dancing since we got there and I'm dizzy."
He looked down. "Oh. Right."
The sun was visibly sinking below the horizon behind all of the buildings, leaving a dimly lit indigo sky. I spent my whole day dancing around in a mob of sweaty people.
Out of nowhere, I started speaking to Billie mindlessly. "You know, before I met you, I was treated like the goddamn invisible girl by my own dad... you're like the only person who's ever seen me."
"No," he said. "Cam and Jasp-"
"Yeah but they're different.. I swear, I've never met anyone like you in my life. You could do anything you wanted to. You could fucking fly if you wanted."
I stayed silent for just a minute, but when I turned to meet his eyes, they were shining like drops of dew scattered against grass, the golden flecks around the green more prominent than ever, even in the moonlight. Never had I wanted to kiss him more than I did in that moment.
"I wish," he stifled a laugh. All I could do was shake my head and press my lips to his.
Without a thought, we were sitting infront of the club for everyone passing by to see. Carefully, I had shifted myself from the ground to his lap, his hands softly placed on my hips and our tongues dancing, and I'd never felt the foreign feeling of euphoria like I did that night, not even on the railroad tracks at Christie Road.

I feel like it's been forever since I updated!! omg, I have the next two chapters planned out and the first one already halfway written so that'll be updated soon. I'm seeing Green Day in eleven days!! Oh mYGOD.
All my lovin,
Miranda.