quinze - outlaws

Two months had passed and I'd found myself lost somewhere inbetween rejection letters from multiple colleges and carshopping with Billie every single night to get money because I couldn't find a job. I'd get high every night and drink myself to the point where I didn't know my own name because I felt so lost. It was a rush to say the least. But then there was Billie.
Whenever I was with Billie, I felt like I could be young forever. I didn't feel lost with him. He'd turned out to be the best friend I ever had.
All of his friends knew me and I'd found myself drifting away from Cam and Jasper, but in all honesty, I really didn't mind too much.
I wore Billie's jacket wherever I went and was careful not to lose it. It had his smell seemingly worked into the leather; it was the only thing that couldn't fail to comfort me when he wasn't around.
So here we were, running down the concrete with handfuls of money stuffed in our pockets. We were headed to the junkyard, just to fuck around and get out for a while. It was past midnight, our hands intertwined.
"C'mon!" Billie whisper yelled, a pinkish glaze to his eyes. "There it is. Right over there."
I giggled and we were off faster than before.
My heels clanked against the pavement as my breaths were strained from running so fast. We were now just standing infront of the seemingly ten story high fence, making every attempt to rip it open.
"I'm climbing," I said. My heels were hooked through the fencing and pushing me up, Billie not too much farther behind me. 
"Shit," Billie said, once he'd reached the other side. "I ripped a hole in my fucking pants. Goddamn fence."
I couldn't help but stifle a laugh. "Yeah, that'll only make it easier for me to get into your pants."
Billie smirked and shoved me onto something, cold and hard like metal, and his lips instantly connected to mine. I was distracted though; the cold kept stinging my back.
"Wait," I managed to get out. Billie pulled away.
"What is it?" He questioned.
I turned to face what had been pressed against my back to see a midnight blue mustang, dented but still beautiful. It didn't even belong in the junkyard.
"Why is this even in here?" I whispered, running my fingers across the side.
Billie didn't say anything. I was too busy being mesmerized by the deep blue sheen to see his face had fallen.
"All the most beautiful things end up in the worst places."
I turned to him, puzzled.
"I've seen it my whole life," he continued.
I didn't know what to say other that he was right, but I couldn't manage to get that out. I turned back to it swiftly and let my mind wander, the paint casting a spell on me again. And then I got the best idea I'd had in weeks.
"Billie," I said. "Remember that night before we started dating, you sneaked into my house and we started dancing?"
He nodded, green eyes illuminating in realization.
"Of course I do. Why?" He asked.
"Remember how good it felt?"
He nodded. Suddenly, I found myself climbing onto the hood of the car. My heels dug into the hood, but I leant Billie a hand anyways.
He got up on the hood and then we were back in that night. It was like magic; we weren't even in the junkyard. There was no blue mustang. It was the two of us in my room, closer and warmer than the sun. It felt never ending.
"Don't you love her madly?"
"Don't you need her badly?"
I sang the next line, feeling the water collect in my eyelashes. "Don't you love her ways?"
"Tell me what you say?"
Billie's voice was the closest thing to godly I'd ever heard. It seemingly pulled me into him on its own.
He spun me around and dipped me, leaving me a giggling mess. All I could think to do was press my lips to his neck.
I felt Billie's hand slide its way up my thigh and onto my ass and I suppressed a laugh, wrapping both of my legs around his waist. Just then there was a voice, one that had some authority to its tone, and we broke out in a sweat. We were over the fence out into the night like a modern day Bonnie and Clyde; like the outlaws we'd become.

This chapter had a lot of symbolism in it and some stuff that will definitely come up later on in the book so keep an eye on that. Im not really sure how many more chapters this book will have but it's not gonna be too many more, maybe ten more at the most? But i know how this book is going to end and it won't be good; something I've known from the start. As much as I want it to have a perfect ending, not everything does and I think that's important to keep in mind. Also I'm seeing Green Day in three days!!! After school on Monday I'll be at their concert .. jeez dude. I wish I could go back and tell myself two years ago that I'm going to see them and it's gonna feel more surreal than anything. Honestly, it's gonna be the best day of my life. Green Day are truly my everything.

All my lovin,
Miranda