Just A Little Peek

“We can hide with ball caps and large sweaters. Do you want to go?” Niall pokes my side. He’s asking me to go to a movie with him. Who in their right mind says no? I say yes and walk off to quickly get ready. I get dressed in an oversized gray sweatshirt, black skinny jeans, a ball cap, and sun glasses. I leave the bathroom and walk back out. Niall is leaning against the wall flipping through his phone, he gets sadder and sadder as he scrolls through his Twitter. I walk up to him and place my hand on the screen so he can’t read any further.

            “Stop” I close the app and lock his phone, slipping it into his pocket.

            He looks me up and down “ready?”

            “If you are”.

            We leave and go to the theater. I don’t even pay attention to the movie, I’m to busy watching Niall. His laugh is sweet and clear, his smile bright and genuine. Is it even possible to fall even more deeply in love? Because if it is I definitely am. I find myself laughing with him, his happiness is sparking joy in me.

            When the movie is over he looks at me and grins “D’you like the movie?”

            “I’m gonna be honest I didn’t watch it”

            He winks, he knows, he stands and offers me his hand. I grab it and stand, then I try to pull my hand away, he won’t let me. He twines our fingers together and keeps walking. I scream internally and make a mental note to tell Katherine later. While we are walking out his hat gets knocked off.

            “Oh my god it’s Niall Horan!!” comes an instant scream.

            “Shit. Run!” he grabs my hand harder and we start running, it isn’t far back to the hotel, but when you’re running from fangirls it feels like miles. By the time we get back to the hotel we’re panting hard and we can’t breathe. We quickly shut the door to the hotel room, looking around we realize nobody else is here, not that we can see anyway. I pull off my sweatshirt and hang it up.

            “Well that sucked” I collapse on the couch. Niall flops next to me.

            “Ruined my plans that did,” He looks at me “On the other hand…” his hand brushes my jaw, he starts to lean in when we hear a few bangs on the wall. We follow the sound to one of the bedrooms. Niall slowly twists the doorknob and opens to door.

            “Whoa!” I yell and turn around, Niall does the same.

            “Oops?” Niall asks me.

            “Get the hell out!” Harry and Louis yell at the same time. We quickly shut the door and run off, finding ourselves in the kitchen.

            Harry walks in a few minutes later, his hair wet from a quick shower, wearing only rumpled boxers. I make an effort not to stare. He gives us an angry look and gets a bottle of water, puts in some cool aid, and then takes to bottle back to the bedroom where we hear Louis say a quick thank you. I look sideways at Niall, he looks uncomfortable and awkward, but also like he’s trying really hard not to laugh.

            “Can this day get worse? We got chased and now we just walked in on my best friends getting it on” Niall runs a hand through his hair. I don’t say anything back, just fiddle with my hands and try not to smile. W

            We hear a lot of noise from the front room and Katherine runs in, tackle hugging me, tossing grocery bags on the counter. I hug her back, trying not to fall over as I laugh. She giggles and starts putting stuff away. Leaving a few things out, several drinks, some chips, salsa, a few new movies, and Zayn carries in a larger bag with pillows sticking out of it.