The Odds Are Against Us

We went back to the boy’s hotel room and crashed in the living room again. Harry fell asleep in Louis’ arms, Liam stretched out on the couch, Katherine snuggled up to Zayn, and Niall put his head on my shoulder. It was 10:00 pm when we all went to sleep, and I assume it’s about midnight when I feel someone kicking the bottom of my shoe.

            I groan and open my eyes, looking around. Katherine. She kicks me again and hands me my phone. “Go to Twitter” she whispers “I don’t want to upset you but you deserve to know. I already looked at Zayn’s and I broke into Niall’s phone and went to his Twitter too, lucky he doesn’t log out. Go look”. I log onto the app and find hundreds of notifications.

            ‘@Niallsfluff mentioned you in a tweet. @BackOffFag mentioned you in a tweet. @OneDirectionIsMine mentioned you and @KeaWolfSpirit in a tweet’. On and on, I click on the first one and my heart sinks. How did they find me? Figures.

            ‘@Patricofficial Hey asshole! Back off Niall! He’s mine!’

            ‘@Patricofficial we found you fag’

            ‘@Patricofficial @KeaWolfSpirit GO TO HELL!’

            ‘@Patricofficial you ruined everything!’

            Hundreds of death threats, people telling me to kill myself, to back off, to leave Niall alone, to go to hell. “Is it as bad for you?” I ask her. She nods and hands me her phone, showing me the tweets.

            ‘@KeaWolfSpirit Whore! Back of Zayn! You don’t deserve him!’

            ‘@KeaWolfSpirit you’re just using Zayn! Kill yourself!’

            ‘@KeaWolfSpirit Yeah bitch, we found you’

            ‘@KeaWolfSpirit Quit trying to take Perrie’s place!’

            There was one, out of the hundreds of hate, which actually brought a little hope.

            ‘@Patricofficial @KeaWolfSpirit dont listen 2 the hate, they just jealous!Natric & Zatherine is adorbs.& this is coming from a Niall girl! Xx’

            I lock my phone and put it down. Well, one good tweet out of about 500 bad ones. I look at Katherine. She’s never looked so defeated. She lifts her eyes to mine, frowning so hard it’s probably hurting her face.

            “Why do they hate us so much Patric?” I can’t even answer.

            “Because we want you and not them” Zayn sits up, since when did he wake up? “I’m sorry” he looks at his girlfriend and then me. Kea shakes her head and leans into his shoulder.

            “They only thing they have against us is that we’re happy”.

Directioners, why you gotta be so rude? PATRIC I KNOW YOU WILL SEE THIS SO I WANT TO APOLOGIZE. I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE TWEETS. IT SUCKED TO WRITE THOSE. K bye. 

-Kea