Twenty: Sleeping on the Job

Comment of the Chapter:

Everytime i read the word Trent i get a bit confused, he'll always be Uranus. Can i just say
that if Uranus and Serena did get get together, and then one day got married,
i can just imagine them screwing up all sorts of 'magical' occasions. Imagine the wedding; "i take the Uranus,- TRENT! trent, i take Trent dammit...sorry." "thats okay gurthal"
Thank you Playerlenny214 for your funnycomment. I can totally picture that
(not that I'm saying it'll happen).

Chapter 20 (OMG HOORAY!): Sleeping on the Job

I glared at Kurt as he tried to shove a spoonful of soup into my mouth.

“It’s an airplane!” Kurt tried to tempt me as he imitated the sound of a plane and continued to hold the spoon in front of my face.

I looked at the soup in disgust. I know that Kurt was just looking after me, but the soup he made for me was basically boiled water mixed with ketchup.

“Rennnna, you have to eaaaaat. I feel guilty for making you sick,” Kurt whined as he set the bowl of soup on my desk, giving up.

Ignoring my brother, I faced away from him and pulled my covers over my head. He had gotten me sick by dragging me to the park in freezing cold weather with only a t-shirt and pajama pants, not to mention all the germs from being buried in the sand. Ugh, stupid kids who flick their boogers on the ground.

“Leave me alone, Kurt. I just want to sleep,” I told him with my scratchy voice and immediately a coughing fit followed after.

“But Dad said I had to take care of you,” Kurt complained as he tried to pry the blankets off of me.

“Stop it!” I croaked pathetically as Kurt successfully removed my blanket so that my head was exposed to chilliness of the air.

“Eat the soup!” Kurt demanded as he pointed to the bowl on my desk.

“No,” I whined. “I don’t want to.”

“Come on, Rena. It doesn’t taste that bad. Here I’ll taste it.” Kurt lifted the spoon to his mouth and slurped the soup. Instantly, he coughed and spat the soup up into the bowl. “Never mind,” he corrected himself between coughs.

“Told you,” I said smugly.

“Let’s just go eat some ice cream then,” Kurt suggested when he got over the taste of the awful soup.

At the mention of ice cream, I sat straight up and got out of my comfortable, warm bed. “Let’s go,” I said as I headed out of my room and down the stairs with Kurt following.

“It’s cold down here,” I complained as we entered the kitchen.

“You’re demanding when you’re sick,” Kurt muttered whilst toying with the thermometer.

“I never said you had to—”. I was interrupted by my coughing. “To do anything about it,” I finished, getting a tub of vanilla ice cream out.

Deciding it wasn’t worth getting out a separate bowl to scoop the ice cream out, I shrugged and got out a spoon to eat the ice cream straight out of the tub.

“I was going to have some,” Kurt objected as he followed me into the living room. “Now all your sick germs are going to be all over it.”

I stuck out my tongue at him, too lazy to say anything as I sprawled out on the couch and wrapped a blanket around myself.

“Fine then. We’re not watching Glee,” Kurt threatened as he turned the television on to a baseball game.

“Noooo,” I whimpered uselessly with a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth.