@madelinebear._

"Where the hell are we?" I yelled sitting up on my knees to look out the windshield.
"We haven't gotten out of Pennsylvania yet, Maddy..." Bridget says. I groaned and flopped back into the back of the car.
"This is dangerous! Leo and I do not have seat belts, we could die!"
"Shut up Maddy, God I wish you were still sleeping!" Alex said angrily and hit the steering wheel.
"Well someone isn't very happy!" I grumbled irritably.
"We got a call from Anthony and haven't heard since, he's going through treatments," Bridget explained.
"You're going the wrong way," I complained again.
"Shut the hell up Madeline," Alex grumbled.
"We are going to miss all of our tests! And what if our families get worried! We could have gotten kidnapped!" I pointed out, I saw Alex give a look to Bridge who turned in her seat and looked at me with a soft smile.
"Maddy, it's fine, if your parents call just tell them....we went out," she raised an eyebrow and smiled a little.
"It's not a lie, but it's not the truth..." she winked before turning around again.
I guess I was so panicked was because I've never missed a day of school, and now I was missing three weeks of it! I was just a little tense. I let out a breath and grabbed my bag. Bridget and I liked to read together, we started our own mini book club and read the same book as one another so I began to read my book to calm my nerves.
I had finally shut up and calmed down, but then, all of a sudden, we slowed down.
"No...no no!" Alex began to say as the car skidded along the road.
"What is happening?" Leo asked and I got up on my knees to look out the windshield again.
"Tire is flat," Bridget said not giving a shit as she sat there. We all groaned and Alex pulled us over to the side of the road and we all piled out.
"We were so close!" Alex groaned. "So close to leaving Pennsylvania,"
Bridget and I walked around to the flat tire and looked at it, it was pretty bad.
"There must have been something in the road back there....glass maybe?" She said, standing up and tightening he flannel around her waist and fixing her black dress.
"Why would there be glass in the road?" I asked following behind her and watched as she and Leo dug around for a tire and it's equipment.
"People are stupid," she whispered as they dug around.
I looked up and watch Alex walking around with his phone in hand, he looked panicked.
"Who forgot to put the damn tire into the car?" Bridget yelled, then groaned softly taking the equipment out and placing it down by the tire.
"How are we going to change a tire....with no other tire?" Bridget asked rubbing her forehead with the palm of her hand.
"We...we could ask someone on the road," Leo and Bridget looked at me like I was crazy.
"Hold up," I said and headed to the side of the road and a couple cars went by, not stopping for me or us at all.
"What is wrong with people!?" I groaned.
"Give up, Mad, its not worth it," Bridget said. I was about to give up when a large pick up truck came barreling down the road. I started to wave frantically and jumped up and down shouting; to say the least it worked.
"Finally," I whispered watching the men in the pick up park along side us.
"What's wrong ladies?"
"We have a flat tire, but don't have a spare. Could we have one of yours? I'll give you fifteen dollars," I asked sweetly. I could basically feel Bridget's eyes burning me, we didn't have much money to waist and food was scare of what we brought, but we would get no where without a tire so I didn't care what I spent.
"Sure thing, need someone to change it ladies?" The man asked. He was obviously very sexist with the tone of voice like he was speaking down to us like we were stupid.
"No, we have it," Bridget announced with her arms crossed.
The man traded a tire for fifteen dollars and I rolled it over to Bridget and smiled smuggly.
"We don't have that much money, let's notime waist it," she said angrily as the truck pulled back onto the road and drive off. Bridget began to change the tire with Leo helping and I leaned against the car door watching Alex who was frantically on his phone, trying to get his boyfriend to answer.
I walked over to him and touched his shoulder gently, and smiled at his upset face.
"Hey, what's wrong?" I whispered.
"He's not answering," I assumed he was talking about Anthony, but he decided to use the pronoun game.
"He's probably asleep, or he is probably back in testing. I'm sure when he can he'll call, he's not going to leave us yet," sometimes I may say the wrong thing, but I care about Alex as much as I care about anyone else. I gave him a hug and he thanked me softly.
"We're close to the boarder of Pennsylvania, it's only..." I looked at my watch and saw it was already 11:36
"It's only 11:36, we have all day to drive and maybe even some of the night!" He still looked upset and I rubbed his shoulder.
"We'll make it,"