@__.bridge.__

It's been a week on the road and now we are in Missouri. As we drive we all get more tense and angry. It's hard to stay in a cramped car for a week, and we all began to smell and our food was running low and I swear Alex was going crazy over Anthony.
He couldn't sleep and barely ate, and everyone was beginning to worry about him and the health of Anthony. He hasn't even texted to say he was okay, and Madeline was starting to piss everyone off.
"I knew this was a stupid idea! Anthony is probably dead!" She screamed, turning in her seat to stare at Alex who had serious bags under his eyes.
"Shut the hell up! He's not dead!"
"Well he hasn't been responding for a week! That boy is as good as dead to me!" In the mirror I watched Alex lung towards her. The two, immaturely may I add, started fighting. This was insane, I was driving and these two babies are fighting.
"Stop!" I yelled and pulled over to the side of the road and pulled Madeline away from Alex.
"Jesus, this is ridiculous." I said looking at the two.
"I know we're all tense, but we have to keep going...with no fighting. It's not getting us anywhere..." I sat back in my seat and huffed out a breath and put .you hands back on the wheels.
"This....this entire trip may be...pointless and I think we all know that," I looked to Madeline and then at the mirror back at the boys.
"But, right now we just...we have to have hope. The least you can do is be nice to one another..." I pulled back onto the road and rolled my eyes.
"Or not talk..." I whispered.

Hours passed and it was about... eleven at night and I had seen a sign for a motel back about a mile; it said it was two miles from the sign and to my luck, there it was.
"Alright guys, we're pulling into a bed and breakfast for the night." I parked in the almost empty lot and looked at everyone.
"Tomorrow is the economy day of the second week. We have about...I don't know, two and a half more states to get through by the end of the third week." I opened the door and then I went to open the back for the two boys and I smiled at Alex and took his shoulder.
"We'll make it, okay?" He smiled at me. It was obviously fake but I didn't care; it was a smile, and I haven't seen one in a long time, real or fake.

We went to the front and got one empty room, it wasn't very pricey, but I didn't want to spend all our money on the second week of this trip.
We got to our room and we each claimed out beds, Madeline and I shared a bed while Leo and Alex shared one on the other side of the night stand.
We each wanted a shower, so we came up with a plan, Madeline, Leo, me, then Alex. He took the longest showers while Madeline would complain if she didn't shower first.

I got out of my shower and noticed that Alex was already shirtless with the towel around his neck.
"It's all yours, babe," I teased as I rubbed my hair between the towel to dry it. I began to change, my towel still on as I slipped on my under wear and sweatpants and dropped the towel when I had to put my sweatshirt on. Leo didn't care, he was too busy watching some strange movie and Madeline was reading her book.

I crawled into bed and sighed the happiest sigh I could muster, it felt so good to finally sleep in a bed again, sleeping in the back of the car was the worst experience of my life, and if I wasn't sleeping back there I was driving. I was so tired I had fallen asleep before Alex had even gotten out of the shower.